Need info about family based green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info about family based green card

I am Canadian. My parents live in the US and Mother is now a US citizen. I live in Canada. I want to have her sponsor me to get a green card however I have heard if she files the papers I will not be able to enter the US to visit. Is this true? I can't find info regarding coming and going while the application is pending.

It's not "entirely" true. If you are asked at the U.S. Port of Entry if there is an existing immigrant petition being processed for you or if you intend to immigrate to the U.S., you will have provided the officer with a reason to disallow your entry.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lden2014 View Post
    I am Canadian. My parents live in the US and Mother is now a US citizen. I live in Canada. I want to have her sponsor me to get a green card however I have heard if she files the papers I will not be able to enter the US to visit. Is this true? I can't find info regarding coming and going while the application is pending.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      It's not "entirely" true. If you are asked at the U.S. Port of Entry if there is an existing immigrant petition being processed for you or if you intend to immigrate to the U.S., you will have provided the officer with a reason to disallow your entry.

--Ray B
      Is there a way to get permission to enter?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X