Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elligibility for EB2 - Greencard

Hi,

At present, I am on H1B satus. Here are my qualification and work experience details:

Qualification:
    B.E Computer Science (University of mumbai )
    Diploma Computer Science (University of mumbai )
    S.S.C (10th grade)

Work Experience:
    5 years 9 months

Cerifications:
    MCTS
    MCSE ( Solution Expert)

I have read the USICS site for EB2 eligibility. However, i have a confusion w.r.t the qualifications requirement.
    The bachelors degree that I hold is 4 year degree program accredited by University of Mumbai from a well-know A grade college.
    But, since, I had done Diploma instead of H.S.C I got admitted into 2nd year of the B.E Computer science.
    Diploma being more advanced that H.S.C helps the candidate to get into the second year of a B.E (of 4 years).
    So, I have he following - S.S.C + Diploma (3years) + B.E( i have marskheets of second, third, fourth year)

As per rules, I believe, I should get into EB2 category since the B.E is a four year degree.
    Kindly help me clear this confusion.

Thanks.

Originally posted by priyanka8275 View Post
    Hi,

At present, I am on H1B satus. Here are my qualification and work experience details:

Qualification:
    B.E Computer Science (University of mumbai )
    Diploma Computer Science (University of mumbai )
    S.S.C (10th grade)

Work Experience:
    5 years 9 months

Cerifications:
    MCTS
    MCSE ( Solution Expert)

I have read the USICS site for EB2 eligibility. However, i have a confusion w.r.t the qualifications requirement.
    The bachelors degree that I hold is 4 year degree program accredited by University of Mumbai from a well-know A grade college.
    But, since, I had done Diploma instead of H.S.C I got admitted into 2nd year of the B.E Computer science.
    Diploma being more advanced that H.S.C helps the candidate to get into the second year of a B.E (of 4 years).
    So, I have he following - S.S.C + Diploma (3years) + B.E( i have marskheets of second, third, fourth year)

As per rules, I believe, I should get into EB2 category since the B.E is a four year degree.
    Kindly help me clear this confusion.

Thanks.
    Though its a rampant practice to fit the job description to suit the candidate but in reality the first question that needs to be determined is that if the job you would be doing qualifies to be done by a EB-2. Its always the job nature being EB-1/2/3 etc only then seeing whether the candidate is fit for that , not vice versa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X