Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surname addition in passport

Hi all,

I have an issue with my passport surname and given name.I have the passport as below:

Given name: A B C D (where a b c d are 4 names altogether)
    Surname: blank

But now my H1 visa is approved with the name being bifurcated as we did not want to have the LNU in the blank surname. Hence the filing was done as the name below:

Given name: A B C
    Surname : D

Now it is approved and now i am looking out for the guidance to make this amendment to the passport. I checked with the passport officials and it looks like a cumbersome process which would involve newspaper publications, notary processes and now it seems we need notification from gazetted offices. This will take 1-2 months to get processed as per my inputs.

But i see in different forums that some have got this done very easily. My questions are :

1 what is the right process and how long will be the process.
    2 Will this involve a new issue of passport?? some forums say that the people who wanted this amendment got the change done with the same passport.
    3 In case a new passport is issued , will it affect me when going for visa stamping?

Please guide .

Thanks.

Can someone please guide

Comment

surname addition in passport

you have to take new passport for any change in the passport.

In old days Passport office used to put minor corrections on the observation page, but now a days they are giving new passport even for small correction

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X