L1 application from previous employer while in the U.S. on L1-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 application from previous employer while in the U.S. on L1-B

I am in the U.S. on an L1-B visa for Company B. Company A, which I worked for prior to joining Company B for a year and getting the L-1 visa, is offering to sponsor an L-1B based on my several years of working for them before joining Company A.

As far as I understand, I am eligible for the new L1-B as you just have to have worked for the company abroad for one year during the three years prior to being admitted to the U.S, which I have.

Can Company A successfully obtain a new L1-B for me without me having to leave the U.S., or would I have to leave the U.S. briefly for consular processing, then come back on the new L1-B?

If you'd normally have to leave, is there anything that can be done to avoid that (besides applying for an H-1B)?
    Last edited by confusedaboutl1; 07-27-2014, 04:11 AM.

Originally posted by confusedaboutl1 View Post
    I am in the U.S. on an L1-B visa for Company B. Company A, which I worked for prior to joining Company B for a year and getting the L-1 visa, is offering to sponsor an L-1B based on my several years of working for them before joining Company A.

As far as I understand, I am eligible for the new L1-B as you just have to have worked for the company abroad for one year during the three years prior to being admitted to the U.S, which I have.

Can Company A successfully obtain a new L1-B for me without me having to leave the U.S., or would I have to leave the U.S. briefly for consular processing, then come back on the new L1-B?

If you'd normally have to leave, is there anything that can be done to avoid that (besides applying for an H-1B)?
    I dont see any issue in moving from L1 to L1 for previous employer while being in US if your L1 petition is approved along with a new I-94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X