Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card with incomplete first name

Dear Mr Ray B

My daughter's first name appearedin her greencard was incomplete, it should be MA JULIANA instead of MA J which was appeared, but on lowerback of the card is correct, how was that??is that ok?

We had a similar experience. My husband's green card arrived with his middle name misspelled and we immediately contacted the customer service line. They told us a new green card (I-551) with the correct name would arrive in the mail but of course that was not true.
    We spoke with an immigration officer 3 weeks later who said we should fill out the I-90 to replace the card. We had to mail back the incorrect card and his birth certificate with the I-90, and are now waiting for a new one. My husband was assigned another biometrics appointment this month. Since the card should be replaced to due a USCIS error, we are not required to pay anything for the I-90 and replacement green card.
    Based on my experience I would suggest you fill out the I-90 and send it with no payment as we have done, in order to have the correct name on the card.
    Hoping all goes well for you and your daughter!

Lauren

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X