Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa Stamping for Visa Transfe

Hi,

I have a valid H1-b Visa stamping from my previous employer till 31, Dec, 2014. I have transferred H1-b to another employer now. I have heard that there is a drop box option for Visa Extensions/Transfers if we are attending for a stamping within an year of previous stamping expiry. Can someone please clarify or guide me on this?

If I travel to India before my stamping expires and plan to comeback , do I need to go for a Stamping ?
    If I travel to India after my stamping expires, will I have to attend the Visa Stamping Interview or will I be eligible for Dropbox ?

Thanks in advance,

Mukesh.K

Originally posted by Mukeshk13 View Post
    Hi,

I have a valid H1-b Visa stamping from my previous employer till 31, Dec, 2014. I have transferred H1-b to another employer now. I have heard that there is a drop box option for Visa Extensions/Transfers if we are attending for a stamping within an year of previous stamping expiry. Can someone please clarify or guide me on this?

If I travel to India before my stamping expires and plan to comeback , do I need to go for a Stamping ?
    If I travel to India after my stamping expires, will I have to attend the Visa Stamping Interview or will I be eligible for Dropbox ?

Thanks in advance,

Mukesh.K
    One of the conditions for being eligible for dropbox/visa waiver only if the original petitioner is the same as current employer, but as you changed employer you would not be eligible for that.

If you travel before visa expires then you dont need to go for stamping, but you might get I-94 only till Dec-31-2014 upon return.

If you travel after stamping expires, you have to attend visa stamping, as you changed employers and are not eligible for visa waiver/dropbox.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X