Back to back J1 visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back J1 visas

I was wondering if it's possible to waive the 2 year repeat participation bar that applies for interns that have finished their visa and are still eligible for a trainee visa?

I'm talking about the CFR 62.22 rule which says:

Participants who have successfully completed an internship
    program and no longer meet the selection criteria for internship programs
    may participate in a training program after a 2-year period of residency
    outside the United States following their internship program

Thanks!

Originally posted by chdgo1234 View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to waive the 2 year repeat participation bar that applies for interns that have finished their visa and are still eligible for a trainee visa?

I'm talking about the CFR 62.22 rule which says:

Participants who have successfully completed an internship
    program and no longer meet the selection criteria for internship programs
    may participate in a training program after a 2-year period of residency
    outside the United States following their internship program

Thanks!
    Hi chdgo do you have any updates?

Was anyone able to do back to back J1 visa?

There are two rules 1)212e where if it says that you are subject to 2 years home req, which means you can not apply even to any other type of visas for 2 years (e.g.h1b). 2) there is general 2 years rule 62.22(n) where you can not apply for another j visa specifically (back to back) unless if you show development or if you have graduated from a non US institute for not more than a year.

I think these are the rules, if you are not subject to 212e, you still have to show that you had a non US degree recently. very few J1 sponsors would help in doing back to back j1 btw, but i found one that is willing to do so after contacting 10 or so lol
    Last edited by samlynn; 08-06-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Were you able to do a back to back j1? I'm on the same situation and been looking for a sponsor couldn't find one. Is there someone who was able to do a back to back j1 successfully?

Originally posted by Somn View Post
      Hi chdgo do you have any updates?

Was anyone able to do back to back J1 visa?

There are two rules 1)212e where if it says that you are subject to 2 years home req, which means you can not apply even to any other type of visas for 2 years (e.g.h1b). 2) there is general 2 years rule 62.22(n) where you can not apply for another j visa specifically (back to back) unless if you show development or if you have graduated from a non US institute for not more than a year.

I think these are the rules, if you are not subject to 212e, you still have to show that you had a non US degree recently. very few J1 sponsors would help in doing back to back j1 btw, but i found one that is willing to do so after contacting 10 or so lol

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X