Tracking OCI on passport.gov "Some error occurred"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking OCI on passport.gov "Some error occurred"

For the past few days I am not able to track my OCI application on passport.gov.in website. After providing my passport number & Online registration number I get "Some error occurred". Before last week I used to get a status "UNDER PROCESS" since 6/13 when they received my application.
    Anybody else see something similar while tracking their application? Just wondering if the government's website is broken or is it just not working for my application. Are there any other alternatives to check my application status? CKGS tracking application shows under process since 6/11 and I do not think that will reflect any updates on my application. Any other way to track my OCI Application for up-to-date correct information?

Thanks

I am seeing the same thing. It was showing "Under Processing" till last week. No idea whats going on

Comment

I checked the Indian Govt. site this morning using the File Acknowledgement # and not the online Online Registration # and it states "under processing". Try again using the File Acknowledgement#.
      Last edited by delhiguru; 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by delhiguru View Post
        I checked the Indian Govt. site this morning using the File Acknowledgement # and not the online Online Registration # and it states "under processing". Try again using the File Acknowledgement#.
        where can I find the "File Acknowledgment number"? When I filled the Online OCI Registration Part A & B it generated File Reference number/Web File-Number. I had been using this number as Online Registration number to track my OCI Application. I submitted this application via post and besides the reference number I got 2 Tracking IDs from CKGS to track OCI & Renunciation on their website.

File Reference number does not work for File Acknowledgment number on passport.gov as it says "No Record Found".

Comment

Originally posted by bibble View Post
          where can I find the "File Acknowledgment number"? When I filled the Online OCI Registration Part A & B it generated File Reference number/Web File-Number. I had been using this number as Online Registration number to track my OCI Application. I submitted this application via post and besides the reference number I got 2 Tracking IDs from CKGS to track OCI & Renunciation on their website.

File Reference number does not work for File Acknowledgment number on passport.gov as it says "No Record Found".

After retrieving File Reference number from passport.gov "Forgot Registration-number" link I was able to track my application again. It seems my OCI is printed and is on its way from India.

Comment

it worked for me as well ! try file acknowledge ment number insted of reference no

It worked for me as well. What is the current processing time for OCI MISC. application ? is there a police verification for minor miscelleneous (Passport change application?) I have applied on 1st just still no news from DSP Office .....Please reply

Comment

After retrieving File Reference number from passport.gov "Forgot Registration-number" link I was able to track my application again. It seems my OCI is printed and is on its way from India.
              Good to hear that you were able to track. Does it say what day your OCI got printed - just trying to assess how many days it is taking?

Comment

time line

how long it takes to print OCI from the day of receipt of application ?

Comment

I got the same error. Seems to be a problem with the website.

Comment

Good to hear that you were able to track. Does it say what day your OCI got printed - just trying to assess how many days it is taking?
                    It says Documents print status was "Processed" on 07/25 & they shipped it back to US on 07/28. Check out my timeline on OCI Tracker for additional dates

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by KIWIANGEL View Post
                    how long it takes to print OCI from the day of receipt of application ?
                    My application reached consulate on 06/03 which was sent to consulate on 06/13. Documents got printed on 07/25 so it took 42 days just as passport.gov claims it would take.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X