Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-102 over 6 months, still pending

Hi All,

I have scenario going on. let me explain my scenario briefly.
    I got my H1B approved in 2013. After the approval, I got my name corrected on the Indian passport. Then i filled I-102 (I-94 i got with my H1B approval) to get my name corrected on the I-94. I got that done and i got the new I-94 with the corrected name but what they did here was they printed F1 as the visa type rather than H1B.
    So I had to again file I-102 to get the visa type corrected. So I filled this request in Jan 2014. I have not got any response till now. I did call them up but they said they are actively processing my case. Its been 6 months so I am little worried.

Since I am going to India to get married in November and that time I have to visit US embassy to get the stamping done for my H1B.
    So i am wondering what should i Do if i don't get this I-102 request completed by November, as I will not have my I-94 (which has the visa type and duration of the visa listed). Thats how you get it when your H1b gets approved.

Any suggestion? or anything I can do right now?

On the side, My friends said they were not asked about I-94 during their interview.

How did your stamping go? got the I-94 corrected ? am in same situation now

Originally posted by gyandeeps View Post
    Hi All,

I have scenario going on. let me explain my scenario briefly.
    I got my H1B approved in 2013. After the approval, I got my name corrected on the Indian passport. Then i filled I-102 (I-94 i got with my H1B approval) to get my name corrected on the I-94. I got that done and i got the new I-94 with the corrected name but what they did here was they printed F1 as the visa type rather than H1B.
    So I had to again file I-102 to get the visa type corrected. So I filled this request in Jan 2014. I have not got any response till now. I did call them up but they said they are actively processing my case. Its been 6 months so I am little worried.

Since I am going to India to get married in November and that time I have to visit US embassy to get the stamping done for my H1B.
    So i am wondering what should i Do if i don't get this I-102 request completed by November, as I will not have my I-94 (which has the visa type and duration of the visa listed). Thats how you get it when your H1b gets approved.

Any suggestion? or anything I can do right now?

On the side, My friends said they were not asked about I-94 during their interview.
    Did you get I-94 corrected ? did you go stamping ? how did that go?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X