LEaving before my I-485 is filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEaving before my I-485 is filed

I am in the long drawn out process of applying for permanent residency in the USA, original from the UK.
    I moved here in 06 and filled out all relevant forms, only to find we had not filed an important form on time due to personal issues which basically made us forget to send a form in on time.
    The USCIS tried to enforce Deportation proceedings which went to court and was thrown out, and therefore I sent in ALL forms AGAIN a second time, and my last form, the I-485 is again about to be sent in, hopefully the last one and I can then get my permanent residency.
    My question is, if I decide NOT to send in the I-485, cut my losses and leave the USA and move to Canada (I'm at the end of my tether waiting and could go to Canada with family) before this form is filed and I before I get permanent residency, can I come back to the USA at any time if I leave or once left, is there a time-period before I could conceivably come back to the USA even for a vacation ?
    I know if I was deported I cant come back for ten years, but If I leave voluntarily before the process has finished, am I allowed back at a reasonable time?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X