Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B and L2 COS to F1 and Later H1B

Hi,

I have a question regarding our VISA status. Me and my wife are currently on L1A and L2 VISA from Sep 2012.

Questions:

1. We got admission into US Universities starting course from Dec 2014. We are looking to COS from L1B, L2 to F1.

2. Can we change our status from F1 to H1B with full benefits of what regular masters student gets like CPT, OPT and H1B for 6 yrs?

Can you please answer my question.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Prudhvi Potu View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding our VISA status. Me and my wife are currently on L1A and L2 VISA from Sep 2012.

Questions:

1. We got admission into US Universities starting course from Dec 2014. We are looking to COS from L1B, L2 to F1.

2. Can we change our status from F1 to H1B with full benefits of what regular masters student gets like CPT, OPT and H1B for 6 yrs?

Can you please answer my question.

Thanks,
    The clock is reset only if one spends an entire year outside US, and then applies for fresh H1/L1 petition.

It seems you would be moving from L1/L2 to F1 to H1 , in that case your L1 stay would be considered while H1 duration is determined, your spouse on the other hand, should be able to get H1 for its entirety as L2 time is not considered while calculating H1 duration.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X