Information regarding Affidavit of Sponsor I-684 needed! Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information regarding Affidavit of Sponsor I-684 needed! Thanks

My wife who is a US citizen is the petitioner for my adjustment of status through family based eligibility. However, she doesn't work at the moment, as she going through rigorous graduate training program. Her parents are willing to help us out with the affidavit of sponsor i.e. I-684. I would like to know the procedure for the same. Should they be filling a separate form/ should my wife fill the form I-684 despite not holding an employment currently. I thoroughly appreciate fellow forum mates and admin for taking time to respond to my query.

Sanbun,

I think you mean I-864, rather tan I-684.

The petitioner has to complete an I-864 and provide an explanation for lack of income.

The parents can then provide their own I-864 as a joint sponsor, with the second parent completing the I-864A.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sanbun View Post
    My wife who is a US citizen is the petitioner for my adjustment of status through family based eligibility. However, she doesn't work at the moment, as she going through rigorous graduate training program. Her parents are willing to help us out with the affidavit of sponsor i.e. I-684. I would like to know the procedure for the same. Should they be filling a separate form/ should my wife fill the form I-684 despite not holding an employment currently. I thoroughly appreciate fellow forum mates and admin for taking time to respond to my query.

Comment

Thank you very much Mr. Ray B for the prompt response. Another quick question on the same context; should my wife write an explanation for the lack of income in a separate letter that's signed and dated?

Comment

Sanbun,

If the petitioner/primary sponsor did not file an income tax return for the most recent tax year, 2013, she must provide a statement explaining why she was not required to file a tax return, signed and dated.

Lack of current income needed to meet the income requirement does not require a separate statement, as her stated estimate of annual income will explain itself, and that is why a co-sponsor is being used. A separate statement explaining the lack of income is a good idea, but not required if she has a co-sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sanbun View Post
        Thank you very much Mr. Ray B for the prompt response. Another quick question on the same context; should my wife write an explanation for the lack of income in a separate letter that's signed and dated?

Comment

Mr. Ray B. Thank you so very much. I am grateful to have found this website. I have nothing but good things about my experience here. Thanks again. Also is it possible to for anyone here to kindly post a checklist for affidavit of support in particular, just so I don't miss sending any initial evidence. Thereby, experiencing unwanted delays in the process.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X