Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Affidavits

Hey guys,

Do my affidavits for the I-130 need to be notarized? I heard different answers to this one.
    Also, what is the recommended number of affidavits to have? And last question, is the requirement for friends or do they also want family members to be part of the affidavits?

Thanks!

Yaya,

Why are you using affidavits for your I-130? They don't hurt, but if you have other standard evidence of relationship, or are pairing your I-130 with an I-485, you're just "cluttering" your submittal package.

Notarization is option with immigration-related documents, as false statements are subject to perjury penalties, notarized or not.

--Ray B

Originally posted by yaya View Post
    Hey guys,

Do my affidavits for the I-130 need to be notarized? I heard different answers to this one.
    Also, what is the recommended number of affidavits to have? And last question, is the requirement for friends or do they also want family members to be part of the affidavits?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey Ray,

Thank you for the quick response. In the I-130 instructions, it mentions that in addition to the actual marriage certificate, you may want to submit additional documents to prove bona fide marriage (including bank statements, other joint assets, affidavits, etc.). Are you saying affidavits are not really needed, based on your experience? I am planning on submitting I-485 as well (and I-864).

Since we don't have many assets together, I was thinking of submitting a bank statement, maybe a copy of a check, 10-20 photos of us from different stages of the relationship, and maybe a few affidavits. Am I looking at it wrong? What is the "standard evidence of relationship" that you mentioned considered?

Thanks again!

Comment

Those items you mention are okay. But because you will be interviewed for the Adjustment procedure, save your best cohabitation and commingling of financial affairs evidence for the actual interview.

--Ray B

Hey Ray,

Thank you for the quick response. In the I-130 instructions, it mentions that in addition to the actual marriage certificate, you may want to submit additional documents to prove bona fide marriage (including bank statements, other joint assets, affidavits, etc.). Are you saying affidavits are not really needed, based on your experience? I am planning on submitting I-485 as well (and I-864).

Since we don't have many assets together, I was thinking of submitting a bank statement, maybe a copy of a check, 10-20 photos of us from different stages of the relationship, and maybe a few affidavits. Am I looking at it wrong? What is the "standard evidence of relationship" that you mentioned considered?

Thanks again!

Comment

I-130 Affidavits

I see. So just to clarify, from your experience (or anyone else in this forum), what documents should I provide with the I-130/I-485 application other than marriage certificate to prove bona fide marriage at this point (pre-interview)?

Comment

Yaya,

The items you mentioned earlier are fine: proof of joint accounts, rental or lease agreements in both names, photos together. Affidavits, when submiting with I-485, are overkill (unless you have them already).

I am suggesting minimum evidence because your I-485 will be given greater attention while the I-130 is being reviewed in parallel. But your Adjustment interview will be when serious evidence and personal attention will be strongest.

--Ray B

I see. So just to clarify, from your experience (or anyone else in this forum), what documents should I provide with the I-130/I-485 application other than marriage certificate to prove bona fide marriage at this point (pre-interview)?

Comment

i130

Hi our i130 was approved on June 12,2014. And today I paid my visa fees and will turn in tax papers , Co support applicant tax papers (my parent)...my husband is Indian I am American..After visa center receive this last package from us how long to you think till interview and if all goes well at interview how long after will husband be able to join me.
              I'm so tired of waiting

Thank you jeanine

Comment

If your husband is abroad and you paid the fees to the NVC, the appointment package is generally issued about 4 to 6 weeks after the NVC completion of review. The appointment will be about 6 weeks later.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jeanine lal View Post
                Hi our i130 was approved on June 12,2014. And today I paid my visa fees and will turn in tax papers , Co support applicant tax papers (my parent)...my husband is Indian I am American..After visa center receive this last package from us how long to you think till interview and if all goes well at interview how long after will husband be able to join me.
                I'm so tired of waiting

Thank you jeanine

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X