Change of status from B-2 to F-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from B-2 to F-1

I have applied for a change of status from B-2 to F-1 on May 12th 2014. I did not receive the decision till now. The processing time is given in the website as 2.5 months and it has already crossed that time for me. The last date to report at my school is August 13th.

I have actually done a semester of Masters in CS in Fall 2010 in University of Missouri,Columbia. Due to a health problem I had to discontinue my study but I stayed here in US until April 2012 with my parents as they are here in US. (My father is working here on H1 and my mom is on H4.) During this 2 years stay I was on F1 (taking reduced course load) for some days and then changed to B-2 after that. I left to India after my B-2 status expired. I stayed in India for a year and half and returned to US in November 2013 on my multiple entry B-2 visa. At the port of entry the official has interviewed me for long time and finally has written "Advised 7A1" on my passport and gave an I-94 for 6 months i.e until May 22nd 2014.

As my health got better, I wished to complete my Masters program( as the 6 credits I obtained already obtained could be tranferred) and applied for the University of Central Missouri,Warrensburg. I got the admission and with that I 20 I filed the I 539 for COS from B-2 to F-1.

Now I am worried about-- 1. What are my chances of getting an approval?
    2. Will they send me the decision in time i.e before august 13?
    3. Will the phrase "Advised 7a1" written on my passport at the port of entry have any negative influence on the decision and is it going to ruin my chances?

Please someone help me and try to answer these questions

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X