Different Visa Types, Same Account for MRV Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Visa Types, Same Account for MRV Fee

Hi everyone, I am currently applying for the J1 visa for my upcoming exchange program in the United States but I am a bit confused whether I have done all the steps correctly.

I visited the States in June for a school field trip with a B1 visa and thus I had already had an account on the ustraveldocs.com for visa application before I started to apply for the J1 visa.

So I logged in to the same account I used to apply for the B1 visa , filled in all the necessary information, printed the payment sheet with bar code and paid the fee in 7-11 (all Hong Kong applicants pay the MRV fee in 7-11). Later, I realized that the number on my payment receipt is exactly the same as the one used to pay the MRV fee of my B1 visa and therefore I wonder if my payment has been received and recognized this time.

I have not yet received the activation email since my payment was made after 5 p.m. yesterday and the account is supposed to be activated after 11 p.m. today.

Also, I would like to know if it is okay to fill in a new DS-160 form for the J1 visa and pay the SEVIS fee after I have paid the MRV fee.

Thank you very much for the help in advance! Any reply would be highly appreciated!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X