Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Transit Visa - Urgent help required !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Transit Visa - Urgent help required !!

Pls go through my case

I am an Indian Citizen going to the US on a J1 visa. The J1 visa is valid from 23rd Aug to 13th September. I am transiting through London on my way to the US.

For the journey from India to the US, my travel date is the 21st August. I will be halting at London for 6 hours and then will catch my onward flight to the US (New York). I will not be changing terminal at London. Since my US visa start date is the 23rd Aug and my journey date is the 21st Aug, it is evident that I will be in the US visa grace period when I arrive at London. In such a situation, will I need a UK transit visa?

The situation is identical for my return journey too. My US J1 visa will expire on the 13th Sept but I’ll be flying New York – London – Mumbai on the 15th Sept. Again, I’ll be on my grace period after visa expiry. I’ll be halting at London for 3 hours and then will catch my onward flight to India. Again, I won’t be changing terminals at London. Do I need UK transit visa in this case?

Note: The J1 visa grace period (for arriving & leaving USA) is 30 days before and after the Visa stamped dates.

Pls Help !

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X