Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved to new address after N-400 was accepted, never received notice for fingerprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved to new address after N-400 was accepted, never received notice for fingerprints

Hello,

I sent out my application, and, after about a week or so, received an acceptance email and letter. On which it says "date received June 23rd".
    My application was accepted and on the USCIS website the current status is under "Initial Review".

On the website it also says that *"On July 1, 2014, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken."*

Problem is, is that we moved to a new apartment roughly around the middle of July. I never received that notice in the old apartment. As soon as we moved, I of course changed my address online, and received a confirmation letter, which stated that they are now aware of my new address.

What should I do to inform them that I never received the notice for fingerprints ?

I tried calling the customer service number, and on it the automated voice states that there are representatives available to be spoken to, but there is no option given to get through to a person. Extremely frustrating.

If I don't notify them soon, will it void my application ?

Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Pitachok; 08-05-2014, 07:37 PM.

When you changed your address online, did you use the option to reference the address change to your receipt number for the N-400 procedure?

You should request an INFOPASS appointment at a local office, through the following link:

and request a new Biometrics appointment while checking to see that your existing N-400 procedure reflects your current address.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pitachok View Post
    Hello,

I sent out my application, and, after about a week or so, received an acceptance email and letter. On which it says "date received June 23rd".
    My application was accepted and on the USCIS website the current status is under "Initial Review".

On the website it also says that *"On July 1, 2014, we mailed you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken."*

Problem is, is that we moved to a new apartment roughly around the middle of July. I never received that notice in the old apartment. As soon as we moved, I of course changed my address online, and received a confirmation letter, which stated that they are now aware of my new address.

What should I do to inform them that I never received the notice for fingerprints ?

I tried calling the customer service number, and on it the automated voice states that there are representatives available to be spoken to, but there is no option given to get through to a person. Extremely frustrating.

If I don't notify them soon, will it void my application ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      When you changed your address online, did you use the option to reference the address change to your receipt number for the N-400 procedure?

You should request an INFOPASS appointment at a local office, through the following link:

and request a new Biometrics appointment while checking to see that your existing N-400 procedure reflects your current address.

--Ray B
      Yes, when I changed the address online I used the receipt number which was on the acceptance letter and email.
      I guess I will have to make an appointment, since for the life of me I cannot figure out how to reach an actual human being on the phone. It just doesn't seem to give that option.

Comment

*Update: August 20th*

So I did schedule an InfoPass appointment, which took place yesterday. They rescheduled my biometrics appointment for this Friday.
        Problem solved

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X