X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer while RFE with only case number available

Hi all

Request your kind reply for my situation
    My petition got picked up in lottery in H1B 2015 quota. However in July'2014 mid my petition status moved to RFE.
    I applied through one consultancy that I never visited their office nor I know them. They were referred by my cousin.
    Now, I have been requesting that consultancy to share USCIS receipt copy and RFE copy. But they have shared only "Case number" (EACxxxxxxx) and not sharing any other info.

My questions are -
    1. Can I transfer my H1B to another "employer B" while RFE
    2. What documents are needed to transfer, I want the transfer to complete (Premium processing) before 1st Oct'14 and start working with "B" from 1st Oct.
    3. IMPORTANT: Can we initiate transfer with just "Case number" (EACxxxxxxx)? Because the consultancy is not sharing USCIS receipt and RFE

Appreciate your reply
    Thank you
    Madhukk

Originally posted by madhukk View Post
    Hi all

Request your kind reply for my situation
    My petition got picked up in lottery in H1B 2015 quota. However in July'2014 mid my petition status moved to RFE.
    I applied through one consultancy that I never visited their office nor I know them. They were referred by my cousin.
    Now, I have been requesting that consultancy to share USCIS receipt copy and RFE copy. But they have shared only "Case number" (EACxxxxxxx) and not sharing any other info.

My questions are -
    1. Can I transfer my H1B to another "employer B" while RFE
    2. What documents are needed to transfer, I want the transfer to complete (Premium processing) before 1st Oct'14 and start working with "B" from 1st Oct.
    3. IMPORTANT: Can we initiate transfer with just "Case number" (EACxxxxxxx)? Because the consultancy is not sharing USCIS receipt and RFE

Appreciate your reply
    Thank you
    Madhukk
    You can transfer only if the petition is approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Thank you raghvi for your reply.

I read other forums and I see that H1B transfer while RFE is possible

This is very important for me, could you please review your statement and update soon.
      Last edited by samlynn; 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madhukk View Post
        Thank you raghvi for your reply.

I read other forums and I see that H1B transfer while RFE is possible

This is very important for me, could you please review your statement and update soon.
        Don't know about that case, it is possible if the original petition is approved, and then one files for a extension, it goes into RFE and then one initiates a transfer. But your case is that the original petition itself is still not approved.

Nonetheless, I would suggest you talk to an immigration attorney to determine your options.

Last edited by samlynn; 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Co's don't share RFE details,If at all any details are required for the RFE from your end they ask you to submit. Hang on your company will reply for the RFE & it will be approved nothing to panic if your company is good.Was your petition file in premium mode?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X