Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father died & Mom overseas with expired Greencard. Best option bring her USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father died & Mom overseas with expired Greencard. Best option bring her USA?

Hello

My father died overseas and now my mom is alone. I need to bring my mom back to USA but her Green card was expired in 2007.

What is my best option to bring her back to USA ? Refile the petition?

Thank you,

Waid

Petition your mom with form I-130 and supporting documents, if you have U.S. citizenship.

--Ray B

Originally posted by waid302 View Post
    Hello

My father died overseas and now my mom is alone. I need to bring my mom back to USA but her Green card was expired in 2007.

What is my best option to bring her back to USA ? Refile the petition?

Thank you,

Waid

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Petition your mom with form I-130 and supporting documents, if you have U.S. citizenship.

--Ray B
      Thank you Ray,

Yes I am a Citizen.

Any idea on the processing time for I-130 for a parent ?

Is it even worth attempting to bring her to USA on visitors Visa and file it in the USA?

Since the Greencard expired so long a ago, it is not possible to re-new with I-90?

I just want to get to her to the states as soon as I can since she is alone.

Thanks again,

Waid
      Last edited by waid302; 08-07-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Waid,

Current processing time, from submittal of documents to Consulate interview, is averaging 10+ months, exacerbated by recent NVC delays.

If mom can enter the U.S. without expressing "intent to immigrate" or stay, you could later convert her visitor visa status to Permanent Resident. But you risk her being barred from entry if questions at the Port of Entry result in an admission of intent to stay in the U.S.

You can't apply for a renewed card, using I-90, without Biometrics in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by waid302 View Post
        Thank you Ray,

Yes I am a Citizen.

Any idea on the processing time for I-130 for a parent ?

Is it even worth attempting to bring her to USA on visitors Visa and file it in the USA?

Since the Greencard expired so long a ago, it is not possible to re-new with I-90?

I just want to get to her to the states as soon as I can since she is alone.

Thanks again,

Waid

Comment

Ray,

My mom is being looked after by other cousins for now. They are also petitioned by their sister on F4 and they have about 1 year left based current Visa Bulletins.

Therefore, I have about 1 year left to bring my mom back. If I bring her on visitor Visa and has any issues, there will be no one left overseas.

Looks like I-130 is the way to go?

Waid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X