Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Program Completion

Hi,

I was a non-thesis masters student. My I20 says my program completion as 12/17/2012 and i filed for post-completion OPT before that and got it approved and received my EAD which started on 01/02/2012. But as i did not submit my co-op work report late, my graduation got pushed to May 2012. When i got my transcripts from the university it states 2011 Fall Term has the co-op work grade posted as satisfactory and the degree conferred date as May 12th 2012. I continued to work from 01/02/2012 and later before the OPT expired i applied for my STEM OPT extension and got that approved as well. Recently i moved to my H1 visa from 01/16/2014 and now when i plan to apply for green card i am just thinking if the post completion OPT period start date being before my graduation date can create issues. The Office of international studies at my university says as i finished my graduation before the end of my OPT i still maintained legal status and there is no problem. As i was not a thesis candidate and had not thesis to defend i was actually not enrolled for any course in Spring 2012, my transcript shows grades and completion of 31 required credits by 2011 Fall term but my graduate degree conferred in May 2012, please let me know your thoughts about this case.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X