Traffic Speeding Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Speeding Ticket

I got the criminal traffic ticket(speeding ticket) in Arizona recently. Police officer gave me citation and let me go. Fortunately charges have been reduced from criminal to civil. I am planning to visit India for H1B re-stamping. What should I answer for question asked in DS-160 form?

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?

Please suggest. Thanks.

Originally posted by timbaktu View Post
    I got the criminal traffic ticket(speeding ticket) in Arizona recently. Police officer gave me citation and let me go. Fortunately charges have been reduced from criminal to civil. I am planning to visit India for H1B re-stamping. What should I answer for question asked in DS-160 form?

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?

Please suggest. Thanks.
    You were neither arrested nor convicted in criminal offence, so I were to be you, I would mention that I was NOT in the DS160.

It's not a legal opinion, it's only an advise from me.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can I say NO even if I am pleading guilty and paying fine for civil charge which was earlier mentioned as Criminal Traffic in citation?
      I am sorry to ask same thing again but thought of giving you more details about my situation.

Thanks again.

Comment

Can you please help me? Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X