flying domestically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flying domestically

My husband has a Guatemalan passport. We want to fly from Louisiana to Texas. This is the only form of Id he has. Will there be a problem? His I-130 is pending.

There is a possibility (but minimal) that your husband could be challenged by immigration officers in Texas and asked his status. A pending I-130 does not guarantee protection from adverse action. If your husband is not in the U.S. as the result of a valid visa entry, he risks being detained during any immigration checkpoint questioning. Receipt for an I-485 submittal would provide him more protection.

While immigration agents are on duty at most public airports, the likelihood that he would be singled out because of having only a passport is minimal.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pelaez8384 View Post
    My husband has a Guatemalan passport. We want to fly from Louisiana to Texas. This is the only form of Id he has. Will there be a problem? His I-130 is pending.

Comment

flying domestically

Ok. What is an I485? The only thing we have filed is I130.

Comment

If you, the wife, are a U.S. citizen, and your husband is in the U.S. legally (entered with a visa), you can start paperwork to Adjust his status with form I-485.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pelaez8384 View Post
        Ok. What is an I485? The only thing we have filed is I130.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X