dv lottery 2014 through adjustment of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dv lottery 2014 through adjustment of status

hello does anybody won dv lottery 2014? i just need people to share their experience, my number is published on the last month which is September 2014 and I am doing an adjustment of status from F1. did anybody got their green card in the US through adjustment of status and what questions did they asked?how long did the process take? thanks...

adjustment of status

I just wanted to say that this forum really helped me. I received my green card through adjustment of status. I hope my experience may help somebody out there as well.
    I won the dv lottery 2014, and I live in the US already. I was on F1 visa. My number was so high up that I thought my number was gonna be called in august but it was called in september. I would recommend anybody that I have a high number to get a lawyer because she was very helpful and knew her stuff. She applied for my infopass so that I can have my interview before the end of the month cz on september 30 th all unused visas are annulled. she also told me that when you received the fingerprints letter u can go earlier than your assigned date if the office is not busy they can do it for. She also found that there was a memo online for those for those whose number will be current in september they could send their paperwork as early as july once the visa bulletin was out.
    In summary:
    My number became current in september
    july 14:did my physical exam (u need ur physical exam in ur package with your 485 application)
    july 17: they received my application
    july 31: they sent me my fingerprint appointment
    august 2: I received my fingerprint appointment for august 28
    august 14: I went to do my fingerprint I went 2 weeks earlier than my original date
    September 2:lawyer did infopass
    september 4: I received my appointment date
    september 11: interview and they stamped my temporary green card in my passport the same day.
    september 19: I received my green card in the mail
    The interview was not more than 5- 10 min, just basic questions, name, date of birth, give her my official transcripts,have u been married, parents name,ur signature, have u lose ur f1 status just basic stuff. The officer was very nice. I do have a degree from here so maybe that why it helped but definitely get a lawyer, they might be cheaper if they don't go to the interview with you but help you through the process, have all your document with you; high school diploma translated, official transcripts, ur college degree if you have one, all ur originals because you send copies with your application.....good luck to everybody

Comment

I won the DV2015 and my number is 80000

I have F1 status too and I've noticed the visa bulletin numbers aren't really encouraging.Ive been worried that maybe they will never get to my number since it's so high. Your experience definitely helps but I hope all goes well. Any other word of advice will definitely be welcomed.
      Originally posted by kansas21 View Post
      I just wanted to say that this forum really helped me. I received my green card through adjustment of status. I hope my experience may help somebody out there as well.
      I won the dv lottery 2014, and I live in the US already. I was on F1 visa. My number was so high up that I thought my number was gonna be called in august but it was called in september. I would recommend anybody that I have a high number to get a lawyer because she was very helpful and knew her stuff. She applied for my infopass so that I can have my interview before the end of the month cz on september 30 th all unused visas are annulled. she also told me that when you received the fingerprints letter u can go earlier than your assigned date if the office is not busy they can do it for. She also found that there was a memo online for those for those whose number will be current in september they could send their paperwork as early as july once the visa bulletin was out.
      In summary:
      july 14:did my physical exam (u need ur physical exam in ur package with your 485 application)
      august 14: I went to do my fingerprint I went 2 weeks earlier than my original date
      september 11: interview and they stamped my temporary green card in my passport the same day.
      The interview was not more than 5- 10 min, just basic questions, name, date of birth, give her my official transcripts,have u been married, parents name,ur signature, have u lose ur f1 status just basic stuff. The officer was very nice. I do have a degree from here so maybe that why it helped but definitely get a lawyer, they might be cheaper if they don't go to the interview with you but help you through the process, have all your document with you; high school diploma translated, official transcripts, ur college degree if you have one, all ur originals because you send copies with your application.....good luck to everybody

Comment

Your experience after going to the US

In summary:
        Hello, I've apply for the DV and I'll know if I won next tuesday, but I'd like to know your experience, mainly once you've arrived. Was it easy to get a job?, I don't have further studies than high school, and english, is it easy to get a job at a call center, or at another place. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Lawyer Recommendation?

hello does anybody won dv lottery 2014? i just need people to share their experience, my number is published on the last month which is September 2014 and I am doing an adjustment of status from F1. did anybody got their green card in the US through adjustment of status and what questions did they asked?how long did the process take? thanks...
          Hi Kansas21. May I know which lawyer did you hire in the past for the DV lottery application? I have a fairly complicated situation and have consulted two lawyers but it seems to me that DV Lottery isn't their forte. Your lawyer seems to go above and beyond. Would like to see if she would take my case.

Thanks

Comment

I am curious Simon, what is complicated about your case? Feel free to start your own thread.

Comment

about the lawyer

hello, i am also in the same case as you on adjustment of status.can you please tell me the office of the lawyer for the same process. I would like to deal with it too ASAP..

Comment

Asking for Lawyer info

Hi Kansas21! I won the dv lottery 2017 and am on F1 visa in the US. I have filed my i-485 form but have a short period for getting my green card. I was wondering if you could give some info about your lawyer so that I can hire him/her to expedite my case. Thanks in advance!

In summary:

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X