Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage and then Relocation

Hi,

I am getting married in coming weeks with US citizen in Pakistan (She is in US and arriving soon for marriage). As per our planning she will apply for my green card immediately then after K-3 visa so we can live together while green card is in process. K-3 visa may take even 6 months or so, meanwhile I am planning to move Riyadh for job. Please guide me accordingly and specially where they will ask me to present for K-3 visa interview?

Anything else if you feel is important in this case.

Rgds

Your wife will apply for a CR-1 visa, not a K3 visa. The processing period will be 8-12 months (averaging a couple months longer than for European applicants). You will normally be scheduled for an interview in your country of citizenship, unless the Saudi address is used for your country of legal residence.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
    Hi,

I am getting married in coming weeks with US citizen in Pakistan (She is in US and arriving soon for marriage). As per our planning she will apply for my green card immediately then after K-3 visa so we can live together while green card is in process. K-3 visa may take even 6 months or so, meanwhile I am planning to move Riyadh for job. Please guide me accordingly and specially where they will ask me to present for K-3 visa interview?

Anything else if you feel is important in this case.

Rgds

Comment

In how much time green card process will be done/? I have heard that it takes 8 - 12 months but you said CR-1 will take around 10 months. So what is the use of CR-1 when GC process takes same time.

Rgds

Comment

The CR-1 application is the first step in the Green Card process. I think you are confused by terminology. Forget about the K3 visa. It is no longer actively supported by USCIS. One does not apply for a Green Card while outside the U.S., but the immigrant visa to come to the U.S. is the first step in the Green Card process.

8-12 months is the same thing as "around 10 months."

--Ray B

In how much time green card process will be done/? I have heard that it takes 8 - 12 months but you said CR-1 will take around 10 months. So what is the use of CR-1 when GC process takes same time.

Rgds

Comment

The CR-1 application is the first step in the Green Card process. I think you are confused by terminology. Forget about the K3 visa. It is no longer actively supported by USCIS. One does not apply for a Green Card while outside the U.S., but the immigrant visa to come to the U.S. is the first step in the Green Card process.

--Ray B

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post

--Ray B
            Ray,

Let me add one thing here.. my wife will depart for US after 2 weeks of marriage because she has got approval of maximum 2 weeks off from her job. So she will be applying and processing everything from US.

Comment

Zain,

Your wife's intent to marry you, then retun to the U.S. to continue with your visa processing requirements, is fairly standard. She will be applying for your CR-1 visa, and the total timeframe, from submittal to interview, will probably be around 10 months.

--Ray B

QUOTE=Zain.aziz;351304]Ray,

Let me add one thing here.. my wife will depart for US after 2 weeks of marriage because she has got approval of maximum 2 weeks off from her job. So she will be applying and processing everything from US.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Zain,

Your wife's intent to marry you, then retun to the U.S. to continue with your visa processing requirements, is fairly standard. She will be applying for your CR-1 visa, and the total timeframe, from submittal to interview, will probably be around 10 months.

--Ray B

QUOTE=Zain.aziz;351304]Ray,

Let me add one thing here.. my wife will depart for US after 2 weeks of marriage because she has got approval of maximum 2 weeks off from her job. So she will be applying and processing everything from US.
                [/QUOTE]

Dear Ray,

Thank you for your guidance.

We will follow the same and will ask you if need any further help. I had a question in my mind like is there any special months to file I-130 or immigration units where process is faster than others OR no any differences. The girl with whom I am getting married works for US army as a soldier so it may give any kind of privilege in reducing timeframe ?

Comment

Zain,

Submittal month has no effect on processing, nor on which USCIS office, Stateside, works on the initial paperwork. Active duty military status of the petitioner can serve as a basis for an expedite request, which sometimes is successful, but other times makes no difference. A personal letter/request from a commanding officer, coupled with details of current military deployment abroad, would have to be included in the petition package.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

We will follow the same and will ask you if need any further help. I had a question in my mind like is there any special months to file I-130 or immigration units where process is faster than others OR no any differences. The girl with whom I am getting married works for US army as a soldier so it may give any kind of privilege in reducing timeframe ?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Zain,

Submittal month has no effect on processing, nor on which USCIS office, Stateside, works on the initial paperwork. Active duty military status of the petitioner can serve as a basis for an expedite request, which sometimes is successful, but other times makes no difference. A personal letter/request from a commanding officer, coupled with details of current military deployment abroad, would have to be included in the petition package.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

We will follow the same and will ask you if need any further help. I had a question in my mind like is there any special months to file I-130 or immigration units where process is faster than others OR no any differences. The girl with whom I am getting married works for US army as a soldier so it may give any kind of privilege in reducing timeframe ?
                    [/QUOTE]

Ray,

What K-1 visa is and how one can prove that he / she is my faincee. What is the expected time frame to get this visa?

Comment

The K1 visa is for a fiance(e), someone you plan to marry. The primary requirements are that you provide proof of meeting in person within the last two years, and that you are both "free to marry." K1 visas are averaging 6 - 10 months.

--Ray B

Ray,

What K-1 visa is and how one can prove that he / she is my faincee. What is the expected time frame to get this visa?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Immigration or B1 / B2 ?

If my wife applies immigration process for me which normally takes 8 – 10 months but in this time period I will be allowed to visit her on B1 / B2 visa? If not then I am looking to try for B1 / B2 visa on my own and then she will file adjustment of status while I will be in US. Further if I am not wrong there is a section in DS-160 form and they ask if I have relatives in US so I will be answering “YES” my wife is there…

Need your suggestion if this is correct way and chances will be good plus time will be minimized.

Zain

The K1 visa is for a fiance(e), someone you plan to marry. The primary requirements are that you provide proof of meeting in person within the last two years, and that you are both "free to marry." K1 visas are averaging 6 - 10 months.

--Ray B

Ray,

What K-1 visa is and how one can prove that he / she is my faincee. What is the expected time frame to get this visa?
                        [/QUOTE]

Comment

Having a spouse already in the U.S. when applying for a visitor vis,a is usually interpreted by Consulate reviewer as "intent to immigrate," to circumvent the longer immigration requirements, and is a routine basis for denial of your visitor visa.

--Ray B

If my wife applies immigration process for me which normally takes 8 – 10 months but in this time period I will be allowed to visit her on B1 / B2 visa? If not then I am looking to try for B1 / B2 visa on my own and then she will file adjustment of status while I will be in US. Further if I am not wrong there is a section in DS-160 form and they ask if I have relatives in US so I will be answering “YES” my wife is there…

Need your suggestion if this is correct way and chances will be good plus time will be minimized.

Zain

[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X