Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• previous b2 application denial

hi Sir,
    My friend applied a b2 visa last 2012 together with his wife's grandmother and they were denied under section 214.

Now he applied again with his wife and will be having the interview next week.They are planning to go on a vacation in California for 3 weeks on October.

Will his past denial can affect their chance?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

after 2 years, they will assess his application in view of his current life situation; mainly his work and his income .

Comment

so it means that if he can show change of status in life meaning a better work and income, they will have a better chance this time?

Comment

Yes, they look at marital status, income , history of job or business, if going for tourism ; is there a history of tourism to other countries,
        if any relatives in US etc.

Now he has already applied, so you can't do much.

They will mainly decide on the basis of info he filled in the DS 160 form.

Comment

here's their situation:
          Husband:
          Working as a Junior civil engineer and was making 8,500 USD annualy,went for a b2 visa interview with his wife's grandma in 2012,got denied.
          At present,he's promoted and now a Senior Civil Engineer also became a shareholder of their construction business and now making alpproximately 20,000USD per annum.
          No relative in the U.S.

Wife:
          Has a 10 yr multiple b2 visa expired in 2012,used twice in 2003 for 3 months and in 2011 for a month.She. works as a medical representative and earning 6,500 USD a year.She has relatives in Michigan.

They went to Bali,Indonesia last May of this year.The husband just received his project based bonus including profit share and they decided to go on a trip to U.S,husband paying for their trip.

We have submitted their DS 160,and you're right,there's nothing we can do but to pray that everything will run smoothly.

Do you think they have a chance?Thank you so much.

Comment

chances seems good. You said 'we' have submitted 'their' DS160.

Who is 'we?'

Comment

Them and me,they asked assistance when they learned that our visa and my sister's visa were being approved last june and yoy deserve a credit for that.This site is so helpful.

Comment

thanks.

In future, one should post on the forum before applying. After you apply, you cannot do much.

Comment

hi peace, their interview was yesterday, it didnt went well.they were disapproved,heres what happened.

H/W: Good morning sir.
                  VO: Good morning.Why are you travelling?

*husband got so very nervous and he thought the question was where are you travelling? so he answered

H: In L.A
                  VO: Why whats in L.A?
                  W: well sir we have a friend there and we are not travelling only in L.A, we plan to see also the golden gate im Sanfarnacisco and to go to Las Vegas and Arizona.
                  VO:One of tou has been denied before.
                  W:yes sir,it was my husband.
                  VO: do you have relatives in the US?
                  W: I have an aunt in Michigan sir.
                  VO: how bout him?
                  H:no sir i dony have.
                  VO:who was the old lady you were with the last time you had an interview?
                  It says here that she is ur grandmom and has a daughter
                  in the U.S.
                  W:sir,that was
                  my grandmom,somebody entered the wrong info on their ds160 before,it was an error sir,sorry for that.
                  VO:do you have any other relatives there?
                  W:No more sir.
                  VO:I can see here that there's one more.
                  W:actually,they are sisters sir,2 of my aunts,my mom's cousins.
                  VO:Because you said earlier its just an aunt now,they are two.
                  W:sorry sir,i got confused.
                  VO:where do you work?looking at the H.
                  H:Im a senior engineer at our corporation sir.
                  VO:how bout you?
                  W:Im working as a medical representative in a MNC air.
                  VO: im sorry but i i cant approve your visa today,you can reapply again and try your luck from another VO.

It was a first time that i heard an interview that went that direction.theres a discrepancy on the past ds160 and their ds160 for yesterday's appointment.
                  I would like to hear your insight or suggestion regarding this,what do they need to do if they reapply?thanks ao much.

Comment

One should save a copy of the submitted DS160 on one's computer for future reference, so there is no such mismatch.

I think they should reapply soon. Just carefully fill the info about the relatives to match what they wrote on the first form.

When they go next time, if the VO asks why they were denied, just say there was some error about relatives in the last form, which we have corrected.

Comment

thank you so much for taking some time to reply.
                      Do you mean,we follow whats on the ds160 during his application with his wife's granny?But the one we submitted for their previous interview was the one with correct information regarding relatives.Thank you so much again and hoping for your feedback.

Comment

then what was this confusion about wife's aunts, her mom's cousins?

Please post exactly what they wrote in the form on this last occasion for husband and wife separately ;

immediate relatives; who all

other relatives; yes/no and who all are there?

and what was written for the husband on the first occasion?

Comment

For the recent ds160:
                          W-imediate relative: none
                          W-other relatives:yes

H-immediate relatives:none
                          H-other relatives:none

For the previous interview of the husband and wife's grandma.
                          H-immediate relatives:none
                          H-other relatives:yes (his wife's aunts)

I really dont know where the VO got the information about
                          the wife's aunts.Maybe when the wife had their interview during her past visa they use one of her aunt's detail and when the husband went with the grandma,they used the other aunt's detail.
                          The wife has relatives there and the husband has none.This time,they will not be visiting the in Michigan beacause the trip they are palanning now are with friends in California.
                          Thanks

Comment

this was all unnecessary confusion. One mismatch is obvious. Husband wrote 'yes' for other relatives the first time and 'no' this time.

Really one's wife's distant relatives are not one's own. So he could have written NO the first time.

Anyway now,

wife should write the same as before; immediate NO , other YES.
                            When they ask the details she should not get confused like this time, which is why they were denied.
                            She should clearly say she has two cousin aunts there in US.

Husband should write the same ; NO for each .
                            Last edited by peace999; 08-22-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

you are always of a great help peace.these are all noted.thank you so much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X