k1 processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k1 processing time

I applied for my fiancé on June 19 and am wondering when to expect him to receive his visa
    So far this is how my timeline is looking

June 19 the application was received by USCIS
    I received a letter saying that it was accepted and being processed. Notice date June 23.
    June 24 - your alien registration number was changed relating to your I 129F petition for fiancé

My questions are what does this mean that the alien registration number was changed?
    What will happen next and when?
    Where are other people in the process of their application?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated I knew when I sent the application that it would take time but it's still so hard waiting and now knowing what to expect.

Someone please answer?

Comment

Your K1 petition will be approved (unless they ask for more evidence) in 3-6 months from when you submitted the petition.

The changing of alien registration number means nothing for your end of the processing. It's an administrative or work rotation step.

--Ray B

Originally posted by hafsajawwad View Post
      I applied for my fiancé on June 19 and am wondering when to expect him to receive his visa
      So far this is how my timeline is looking

June 19 the application was received by USCIS
      I received a letter saying that it was accepted and being processed. Notice date June 23.
      June 24 - your alien registration number was changed relating to your I 129F petition for fiancé

My questions are what does this mean that the alien registration number was changed?
      What will happen next and when?
      Where are other people in the process of their application?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated I knew when I sent the application that it would take time but it's still so hard waiting and now knowing what to expect.

Comment

k1 processing time

Thank you

Comment

129f visa

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and I don't see how I can create a new thread so I am replying to this.

I have applied for a 129f for my fiancee (girl) at the end of may 2014. I received a receipt one week later. I requested an expedite based on humanitarian need but that got denied.

I received a notice saying that my case has been transferred to the California service center in mid august 2014. I requested another expedite before the transfer because of new political situation but uscis hasn't responded yet.

It has been 3 months since I submitted my application.
          What should I do now?

Thanks. Peace.

Q

Comment

Anonymous,

You have no choice but to wait for approval of your petition, which can be 3-6 months from when it was initially subnmitted.

--Ray B

Originally posted by anonymous786 View Post
            Hello everyone

I am new to this forum and I don't see how I can create a new thread so I am replying to this.

I have applied for a 129f for my fiancee (girl) at the end of may 2014. I received a receipt one week later. I requested an expedite based on humanitarian need but that got denied.

I received a notice saying that my case has been transferred to the California service center in mid august 2014. I requested another expedite before the transfer because of new political situation but uscis hasn't responded yet.

It has been 3 months since I submitted my application.
            What should I do now?

Thanks. Peace.

Q

Comment

129f visa

But what does it mean when they transferred my case from tax as to the California service center?

And it has already been 3 months. I am thinking of calling them tomorrow

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Anonymous,

You have no choice but to wait for approval of your petition, which can be 3-6 months from when it was initially subnmitted.

--Ray B

Comment

The transfer from Texas to California was a routine workload shift.

If you call them, after only 3 months of waiting, you are wasting your time. You won't get any case-specific information and you might get a misinformed "feel good" response to get you off the phone, so that the employee can move to the next phone call.

--Ray B

Originally posted by anonymous786 View Post
                But what does it mean when they transferred my case from tax as to the California service center?

And it has already been 3 months. I am thinking of calling them tomorrow

Comment

I'm happy to hear that some cases are being transferred. I applied mid-June and my application is in Texas. I was looking at the processing times and noticed that Texas was sending out notices from applications from February while Vermont was in May and California was already in July. I thought, if mine was in California, my fiancé might have an interview date by now. So I called the number and asked if I could request a transfer. I wasn't expecting to be able to but I thought it was worth a try.
                  But anyways, my point is do you think that this transfer of cases will speed up the cases waiting in Texas?

Comment

I think that speculation concerning relatively speedier processing at one location over another is nonproductive. There are too many variables involved, and too little known about differences in work culture and procedures between Service Centers.

As an example, the Nebraska Service Center has decided to stand firm a particular type of civil document from the Philippines, while other Service Centers are more tolerant of "local" vs national versions of civil documents. Packages transferred to California are sometimes sent there for more in-depth law enforcement history checks of petitioners. Adjustment packages sent to California are often sent there for intensive packet review in anticipation of a "no-interview" Adjustment approval.

--Ray B

Originally posted by hafsajawwad View Post
                    I'm happy to hear that some cases are being transferred. I applied mid-June and my application is in Texas. I was looking at the processing times and noticed that Texas was sending out notices from applications from February while Vermont was in May and California was already in July. I thought, if mine was in California, my fiancé might have an interview date by now. So I called the number and asked if I could request a transfer. I wasn't expecting to be able to but I thought it was worth a try.
                    But anyways, my point is do you think that this transfer of cases will speed up the cases waiting in Texas?

Comment

Ohhhhh okay. I guess that makes sense too. I'm just trying to get a better idea of when to expect the next step. It's hard waiting and waiting. I know it's still a few more months but I wish I could have a more specific date. Just have to be more patient.

Comment

time it takes

Any were from 5 to 6 months start to finish but need to call them from time to time. Good luck

Comment

A K1 timeframe of 6 months is a tad optimistic. About a year ago, we were seeing that in the Philippines, but the last few months, 8 - 10 months has been more representative.

--Ray B

Originally posted by peterB View Post
                          Any were from 5 to 6 months start to finish but need to call them from time to time. Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X