Missed "EXPEDITE" for finger printing on I-131 Re-entry Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed "EXPEDITE" for finger printing on I-131 Re-entry Permit

Hi, I applied I-131 Re-entry permit on 08/04/2014 and have received the receipt notice in a week. I am waiting for my biometrics appointment notice. While filing I-131, I missed to mention EXPEDITE on my application for fingerprint notice. I need to be in my home country as soon as possible due to family obligations. Is there a way I can EXPEDITE the fingerprint notice now? Can I send a pre-paid envelope now while my biometrics notice can come anytime? Not sure if I can mention the receipt number and send prepaid envelope. Please advise. If anyone has done this in the past and was successful, please guide.

Thanks!

Can someone who knows about this please reply?

Comment

Biometrics appointments for I-131 procedures have been arriving very fast, but this may depend on whether your I-131 was "standalone," or submitted (as an Advance Parole) with an I-485 package.

If submitted as "standalone," and everything was correct on your application, your appointment should show up anytime. Once you get the appointment notice, you might try a "walk-in" at your Biometrics location, as those locations will allow walk-on's on a discretionary basis, but normally for "late" appointees.

--Ray B

Originally posted by dxg1739 View Post
      Can someone who knows about this please reply?

Comment

Thank you RayB!

My I-131 application is for re-entry permit, so it has to be standalone. I am hoping to receive the appointment notice in next couple days but was wanting to know if anything can be done to EXPEDITE it now (like sending prepaid envelope), just in case.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Biometrics appointments for I-131 procedures have been arriving very fast, but this may depend on whether your I-131 was "standalone," or submitted (as an Advance Parole) with an I-485 package.

If submitted as "standalone," and everything was correct on your application, your appointment should show up anytime. Once you get the appointment notice, you might try a "walk-in" at your Biometrics location, as those locations will allow walk-on's on a discretionary basis, but normally for "late" appointees.

--Ray B

Comment

Hello dxg1739... Any updates on your case? I applied for a reentry permit in the last week of July (regular processing and not expedited) and I am still waiting for finger print notice. Did you receive your finger print notice? If yes, when did you receive it?

Thanks!

Comment

I received the FP notice on Friday (8/29), walked-in on Tuesday (9/2) for FP and done in 15 minutes. Last week Tuesday I faxed USCIS to expedite the FP appointment notice explaining my urgency to leave the country with a supporting document. They mailed FP notice the same day which I received on Friday.

Originally posted by VandeMaataram View Post
            Hello dxg1739... Any updates on your case? I applied for a reentry permit in the last week of July (regular processing and not expedited) and I am still waiting for finger print notice. Did you receive your finger print notice? If yes, when did you receive it?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the response.

It turns out the my FP notice was mailed on 8/16 and my attorney received it on 8/25. The attorney promptly informed my HR but my HR missed informing me assuming that I would have received a copy too.... :-(. What made things worse is that in the application I provided the attorney's address as the alternative address to receive my permit since I was moving. If only USCIS Case Status showed that the FP notice was mailed, it would have made things better for me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X