Can Employer release offer letter mentioning subject to Approal of EAD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Employer release offer letter mentioning subject to Approal of EAD card

I currently posses L2 Visa and I am working in India.I was interviewed for global assignment of same company in US and they are fine to hire me in US since my husband is working in US and I want to relocate.Since its internal transfer can my employer provide me an offer subject to approval of my EAD card.I do not have EAD card as of now.I know I can apply that only once I reach US but my employer In INDIA can start exit formalities only get I get formal letter from US entity.

Can someone advise what I should do in this case?

Originally posted by siccy View Post
    I currently posses L2 Visa and I am working in India.I was interviewed for global assignment of same company in US and they are fine to hire me in US since my husband is working in US and I want to relocate.Since its internal transfer can my employer provide me an offer subject to approval of my EAD card.I do not have EAD card as of now.I know I can apply that only once I reach US but my employer In INDIA can start exit formalities only get I get formal letter from US entity.

Can someone advise what I should do in this case?
    Yes they can. This seems more of an internal policy/process road block, not an immigration issue.

Find out how they have done similar transfer in the past.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Can Employer release offer letter mentioning subject to approval of EAD card

My HR in US mentioned that legally they cannot release offer letter unless I have EAD card so I wanted to check about rule.I was advising them to release offer letter mentioning future date of joining subject to approval of EAD card.

Comment

Originally posted by siccy View Post
        My HR in US mentioned that legally they cannot release offer letter unless I have EAD card so I wanted to check about rule.I was advising them to release offer letter mentioning future date of joining subject to approval of EAD card.
        Is this the first time your company is processing something like this?

You can take few Months leave from India company, get L2, go to US, get EAD and then come back and resign.

I personally believe if both US Management and India management were keen to move you to US they would be helping you out does not seem that it is so.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X