Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration issues - European countries

Hello,

My wife is currently on H1B visa. She was working with employer A, who filed H1B visa for her during April 2013 (earlier she was on F1 visa) and the same got activated during October 2013. After that, she changed her employer (employer B) and got new H1B sponsored by employer B, which is valid till October 2016.

She hasn’t been to India after she has got her H1B approved (last trip was during Jan 2013). Now, she is planning for India visit. She will be getting her H1B visa stamped during her visit.
    But, we have heard that it sometimes becomes problematic to travel via European countries (only as halts to and from India). We heard some people faced some issues regarding immigration/stamping.

Please share if you have any positive/negative experiences (or if you are familiar with anybody else’s experiences).

Thanking in advance.

Originally posted by myvisastatus View Post
    Hello,

My wife is currently on H1B visa. She was working with employer A, who filed H1B visa for her during April 2013 (earlier she was on F1 visa) and the same got activated during October 2013. After that, she changed her employer (employer B) and got new H1B sponsored by employer B, which is valid till October 2016.

She hasn’t been to India after she has got her H1B approved (last trip was during Jan 2013). Now, she is planning for India visit. She will be getting her H1B visa stamped during her visit.
    But, we have heard that it sometimes becomes problematic to travel via European countries (only as halts to and from India). We heard some people faced some issues regarding immigration/stamping.

Please share if you have any positive/negative experiences (or if you are familiar with anybody else’s experiences).

Thanking in advance.
    I have heard of issues with London and Frankfurt. Would say avoid it altogether if possible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I have heard of issues with London and Frankfurt. Would say avoid it altogether if possible.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks, Raghvi!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X