Second extension based on I-140 approval with new employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second extension based on I-140 approval with new employer

I have my I-140 approved a year ago and transferred my H1B to a new employer this month. Unfortunately I got only one year extension upon my transfer. Now my I-797 is valid till Aug'15. Could some one please clarify my questions.

1) Would it be possible to do a second extension with new employer based on my I-140 approval from previous employer after a year?

2) What will happen if my previous employer revoke my I-140? Still I am eligible to do the extension, since my I-140 is approved a year ago?

Originally posted by premchn View Post
    I have my I-140 approved a year ago and transferred my H1B to a new employer this month. Unfortunately I got only one year extension upon my transfer. Now my I-797 is valid till Aug'15. Could some one please clarify my questions.

1) Would it be possible to do a second extension with new employer based on my I-140 approval from previous employer after a year?

2) What will happen if my previous employer revoke my I-140? Still I am eligible to do the extension, since my I-140 is approved a year ago?
    What about GC with new employer? Have they filed it?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What about GC with new employer? Have they filed it?
      Thanks Raghvi. They are yet to start the process. I am going to join the company only on Sept 8th. They will initiate it after 3 months.

I am little bit concerned since the PERM approvals are taking at least 6 month now a days. I should have at least my PERM approved to get extension beyond 6 years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X