Form i-751 wifes name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form i-751 wifes name

Hi, I am about to submit form i-751 after two years of marriage, when we went to city hall my wife put that she was changing her last name to mine but we have not yet changed it at the social security office. On the form which name shall I use for her? She is the US resident and I am the permanent resident.

Thanks!
    Matt

Is the I-751 being submitted for you or for your wife? If for you, it doesn't matter whether she uses maiden or married name on the I-751.

If the I-751 is being submitted for your wife, put her married name (whether it's been reported to SSA or not), else you will later have to pay $450 to change the name on the 10-year Green Card.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mattpearse View Post
    Hi, I am about to submit form i-751 after two years of marriage, when we went to city hall my wife put that she was changing her last name to mine but we have not yet changed it at the social security office. On the form which name shall I use for her? She is the US resident and I am the permanent resident.

Thanks!
    Matt

Comment

Thanks! Tt is for me so I will just use her married name

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Is the I-751 being submitted for you or for your wife? If for you, it doesn't matter whether she uses maiden or married name on the I-751.

If the I-751 is being submitted for your wife, put her married name (whether it's been reported to SSA or not), else you will later have to pay $450 to change the name on the 10-year Green Card.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X