Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797c NOA

Hi Mr Ray b

My husband received last august 7 a notice of action regarding the returned stop payment check as payment for my I-130 petition knowing at first that he made the wrong address service center, then he called up at USCIS for inquiry and send payment again on Aug. 16, 2014. How long will it take the USCIS to receive and send notice of receipt to the petitioner?As of now, the USCIS database for case status update was not yet updated for the payment if received..Thank you and God bless.

If USCIS attempted to cash the first check that your husband stopped payment on, and if USCIS began processing, your husband may be billed for the $420, anyway.

Otherwise, the second submittal will be processed normally (if your husband submitted it correctly this time), and you should monitor when the check is processed and the money removed from your account. i-130 payments and submittals usually take about two weeks to begin processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by alruiz View Post
    Hi Mr Ray b

My husband received last august 7 a notice of action regarding the returned stop payment check as payment for my I-130 petition knowing at first that he made the wrong address service center, then he called up at USCIS for inquiry and send payment again on Aug. 16, 2014. How long will it take the USCIS to receive and send notice of receipt to the petitioner?As of now, the USCIS database for case status update was not yet updated for the payment if received..Thank you and God bless.

Comment

I-797c NOA

Oh thank you Mr Ray b, what was the correct payment process??Because he only received the I-797c NOA amd there is no defeciency check invoice or instruction there, thats why he called up to USCIS and somebody advice him to send the check together with the photocopy of the I-797c noa, and he send it to Phoenix,Arizona where my I-130 were being sent..is that correct mr ray b??pls give me the right process, thanks

Comment

Stopping payment was a mistake, as USCIS usually cashes the check (electronically) once it gets to the right office. A Stop Payment can result in his being billed for the first check, since USCIS' attitude is that they have started this procedure.

I lost $680 for a first Naturalization submittal when I stopped payment on the first submittal, and I was billed by USCIS, then the Treasury Department.

It may be that this will straighten out, but without seeing the first NOA or knowing what is on it, I can't say what is going on.

--Ray B

Oh thank you Mr Ray b, what was the correct payment process??Because he only received the I-797c NOA amd there is no defeciency check invoice or instruction there, thats why he called up to USCIS and somebody advice him to send the check together with the photocopy of the I-797c noa, and he send it to Phoenix,Arizona where my I-130 were being sent..is that correct mr ray b??pls give me the right process, thanks

Comment

I-797c NOA

Mr ray b

My case has been rejected, in the case status update sept 4, 2014, it says that we haven't resubmit payment but we really did last august 14, 2014. How was that mr. Ray b?Any advice Sir?

Comment

Alruiz,

Your case was rejected because you stopped payment on your first submittal. Look at the receipt numbers for both cases, as the rejection was probably for the first submittal, and you should have a different receipt number for the second submittal.

You should never have stopped payment with the first submittal.

--Ray B

Mr ray b

My case has been rejected, in the case status update sept 4, 2014, it says that we haven't resubmit payment but we really did last august 14, 2014. How was that mr. Ray b?Any advice Sir?

Comment

I-797c NOA

Oh yes mr ray b, we just have to submit a new application then, but we cannot retain the priority date anymore, right?

So please can you give me the list of forms and documents to submit so that there will be no request for evidence anymore to require, just really want this process be fast mr ray b, hoping this october f2a will be current. And one more question, if the F2a category be current again, is my application that we will be sending which has priority date of september 2014 most probably will be included in the availability of visa?

Comment

Alruiz,

You posted earlier that you had submitted the I-130 and payment twice, stopped payment on the first submittal because you sent it to the wrong address.

Was your second submittal and payment accepted?

If USCIS does not have an accepted fee for which they sent you a receipt, then you must resubmit everything, with fee, and to the correct address.

--Ray B

Oh yes mr ray b, we just have to submit a new application then, but we cannot retain the priority date anymore, right?

So please can you give me the list of forms and documents to submit so that there will be no request for evidence anymore to require, just really want this process be fast mr ray b, hoping this october f2a will be current. And one more question, if the F2a category be current again, is my application that we will be sending which has priority date of september 2014 most probably will be included in the availability of visa?

Comment

I-797c NOA

Mr ray b

We only sumbitted once for the I-130 which has stop payment check knowing at first that it won't be routed at the correct address, and it has been accepted and initially review but after 2 weeks, it went back to acceptance status and they sent a notice to my husband but then he immediately resubmit payment attached to the notice as what the USCIS customer advice because he didn't received the check deficiency notice which has the steps of repayment..But still the petition has beed rejected and the funded check returned to him just today.

Comment

Your explanation is not real clear, so let me reiterate.

1. Your I-130 has been rejected and returned to you.
                    2. All your checks have been been stopped and/or returned to you.

If that is the case, you have to resubmit.

But, first, what was the stated reason for the rejection and return of the I-130 package?

--Ray B

Mr ray b

We only sumbitted once for the I-130 which has stop payment check knowing at first that it won't be routed at the correct address, and it has been accepted and initially review but after 2 weeks, it went back to acceptance status and they sent a notice to my husband but then he immediately resubmit payment attached to the notice as what the USCIS customer advice because he didn't received the check deficiency notice which has the steps of repayment..But still the petition has beed rejected and the funded check returned to him just today.

Comment

I-797c NOA

MrRay b,

Only the first check was stop, after notice of check defeciency on the first one, we resubmit payment yet the petition was still rejected, it stated in the rejection notice that we did not meet the 14days alloted should be payment, but we made the payment august 14, 2014, notice date was aug 5, 2014. The second check was not returned back to my husband yet. Do you think we made the wrong process if resubmission?

Comment

Was your entire I-130 petition package returned to you? If so, then you must resubmit the entire package with a fee check that is valid, and use the correct submittal address this time.

--Ray B

MrRay b,

Only the first check was stop, after notice of check defeciency on the first one, we resubmit payment yet the petition was still rejected, it stated in the rejection notice that we did not meet the 14days alloted should be payment, but we made the payment august 14, 2014, notice date was aug 5, 2014. The second check was not returned back to my husband yet. Do you think we made the wrong process if resubmission?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X