When is the right time to file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the right time to file?

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am from the US and my fiance lives in the UK. We've been engaged for four years but have had to wait due to my financial situation. I just recently graduated from college and just started my new job. We are now anxious to get things moving but I'm not sure six months of my current salary will be sufficient evidence to prove financial stability for the long term. Will my tax forms for this coming year along with a letter from my employer be enough as well as the paystubs and bank statements? I dont have anyone to co-sponsor otherwise I'd go that route. Thanks ahead of time for any information.

If your documented income will annualize to meet or exceed the sponsorship requirements (about $20,000), and you provide proof of your employment, a 2014 income tax return (early next year) should be sufficient to complete the sponsorship paperwork.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Stephanie Lamovsky View Post
    Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am from the US and my fiance lives in the UK. We've been engaged for four years but have had to wait due to my financial situation. I just recently graduated from college and just started my new job. We are now anxious to get things moving but I'm not sure six months of my current salary will be sufficient evidence to prove financial stability for the long term. Will my tax forms for this coming year along with a letter from my employer be enough as well as the paystubs and bank statements? I dont have anyone to co-sponsor otherwise I'd go that route. Thanks ahead of time for any information.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, thats great news. I was afraid we would have to wait another full year.

Comment

Also, you don't send the AOS with the application. You send it to your fiancé after NOA2, which takes a few months. So maybe you can apply even a few months before you file your taxes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X