Please Advice on H-1B tranfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Advice on H-1B tranfer

My employer sponsored H-1B visa for me, I have done visa stamping and all. Because of some unfortunate situation they fired me and I could not travel.
    My husband is in USA on H1B and I want to join him ASAP. I can look for H-1B transfer here in India but process may take long. so I am planning to travel on H4 and will look for
    will look for Visa transfer in USA itself. Does companies do H-1B transfer there for those who travel on H4 visa?
    Will transferring visa be nightmare for me once I reach there? Or should I look for H-1B sponsor in India only and travel with work Visa?
    Please respond ASAP. I am panic what if my visa did not get transfer once I reach there on H4.

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by Revatisharma View Post
    My employer sponsored H-1B visa for me, I have done visa stamping and all. Because of some unfortunate situation they fired me and I could not travel.
    My husband is in USA on H1B and I want to join him ASAP. I can look for H-1B transfer here in India but process may take long. so I am planning to travel on H4 and will look for
    will look for Visa transfer in USA itself. Does companies do H-1B transfer there for those who travel on H4 visa?
    Will transferring visa be nightmare for me once I reach there? Or should I look for H-1B sponsor in India only and travel with work Visa?
    Please respond ASAP. I am panic what if my visa did not get transfer once I reach there on H4.

Thanks in Advance.
    I would suggest you go for H4, and once in US on H4, try to find an employer willing to file H4 to H1 for you. Believe me, it will be far easier to do so from US rather than from India. Even employer would be more comfortable.

Go with only genuine employers.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I would suggest you go for H4, and once in US on H4, try to find an employer willing to file H4 to H1 for you. Believe me, it will be far easier to do so from US rather than from India. Even employer would be more comfortable.

Go with only genuine employers.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for Responding. You relieved the tension.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X