Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot get Tax Returns for pre-Existing Business from Previous Owner for E-2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot get Tax Returns for pre-Existing Business from Previous Owner for E-2 Visa

Hi all,

I already Purchased a business for a large sum around 300k-400k. There are no Problems with the business, and it meets all the criteria and is a growing business.

My only problem is the INS officer is requesting Tax returns because it is a pre existing business. I did recieve on from the 2012 year, but he refuses to release any others. He has no obligation to give me his returns, and I am Stuck.

What do I do? My attorney said its a very large chance my case will get rejected for this reason. I have been provided and have provided everything asked.

I even got the Previous owner/ Landlord to write me a letter to send to the INS where they explain that it is their right to keep thier Returns, and that they will only provide one. They state that the Business made money, that i pay rent, and that I have full rigths to run the business.

What is going to happen/ What can I do if I cant get the Tax returns? Is there any way to exempt myself from this?? My current visa expires very soon, and I dont even have time to get an extention, because it will put my E-2 process on hold.

Please Help. Ill do my best to contribute my knowlegde and experiance when my issue is resolved

Originally posted by richarddane View Post
    Hi all,

I already Purchased a business for a large sum around 300k-400k. There are no Problems with the business, and it meets all the criteria and is a growing business.

My only problem is the INS officer is requesting Tax returns because it is a pre existing business. I did recieve on from the 2012 year, but he refuses to release any others. He has no obligation to give me his returns, and I am Stuck.

What do I do? My attorney said its a very large chance my case will get rejected for this reason. I have been provided and have provided everything asked.

I even got the Previous owner/ Landlord to write me a letter to send to the INS where they explain that it is their right to keep thier Returns, and that they will only provide one. They state that the Business made money, that i pay rent, and that I have full rigths to run the business.

What is going to happen/ What can I do if I cant get the Tax returns? Is there any way to exempt myself from this?? My current visa expires very soon, and I dont even have time to get an extention, because it will put my E-2 process on hold.

Please Help. Ill do my best to contribute my knowlegde and experiance when my issue is resolved
    The INS or whoever is processing your application use the taxes just to know that your investment is true and real. I there, what it really matters to them is that you have the intention or already invested actively in the US, so if you provide the Purchase and Sale agreement, you shouldn't have any problem.
    What you should've done is obtain the VISA before buying a business. For my application the only condition was to put the sum in an ESCRO account.
    Good luck !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X