Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest way to get a visa?

Hey everyone, I'm new here.
    My fiance is from Canada and I'm from the US.
    We been reading about the k1 fiance visa and been advised by grandma and father to go for the k1 visa or marriage visa.
    My fiance and I want to live with each other, more so she needs to come with me as her living conditions where she is not very good for her at all physically and mentally.
    What's the fastest way to get here visa? Would it be the fiance or marriage visa? Will she be allowed to stay here in the mean time? I've read before they can due to engagement and or spouse.
    Every 2 months she will be going back to Canada to visit family.

*fiancee petition (K1) on average takes 5 months of processing in US plus additional at the consulate abroad for the K1 visa.

*Immigrant visa after marriage takes about a year so, in total it amounts to the same, a couple of months here and there.
    So, it is better to avoid the fiancee route and apply straight for the immigrant visa after marriage.

She can come here , you people get married and you file an I-130 for her with her Canadian address on it. Her immigrant visa will be processed at montreal, canada.
    Being a Canadian she can stay 6 months in US as a visitor , but once the petition is in progress and she leaves canada, she may not
    be allowed to re-enter ( depending on the officer) as a visitor.

*Another thing you can do is you guys get married in US and you file an Adjustment of status with her I-130. which means her application will be processed in US
    without any visa processing in canada.
    she can also file for an advance parole to leave US while the application is in progress. This process takes about 5-6 months but there is a risk that
    she entered as a visitor and then married and filed for a green card, can be misrepresentation. Go through a good attorney if you adopt this route.
    Last edited by peace999; 08-30-2014, 01:38 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X