Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A Denied with weired reason

Hi All,
    I came to US in Sep-2013 on L1B visa valid till Apr-2016. I was already working as a tech lead cum project manager but due to no designation of Project Manager my visa was filed under L1 category, by my employer. Now i have been promoted to a managerial role and my attorney advised me to update your status to USCIS and apply for conversion of my visa from L1B to L1A.
    I received RFE in June 2014 and then L1A petition was denied on 20th Aug saying that "You do not qualify for specialized skill set". Now this is really weired because as per my understanding we should have managerial position for L1A rather than specialized skill set which is a required for L1B not L1A.
    Since my petition was processed under premium processing so my attorney told me that we have an option to speak to office over phone about the issue. But when she speak to officer then he didnt give any new info and just said that please send all your info by email and our supervisor will reply back to your email.
    Not what all the possibilities i have? Is there any chance of approving of same visa? Or I should apply for L1B extension now rather than a L1A? Please advise.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X