I have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions

I recently received my perminate residence card and I am able to move to Canada (Saskatchewan) to be with my wife. My move will happen in about a month. Before I move what are my final steps before I move? Who in the American government do I need to call? What are some final things I need to do before moving to Canada? Also can anyone supply me with numbers so I can get a hold of a person on the Canadian border? It is so hard to get a number or a hold of anyone that can be of help.

Sorry

You are asking too many questions. First I thought I maybe able to help you. Then I recognized that I am wrong.

Comment

Did you recently receive a U.S. Green Card or a Canadian Landed status card?

You don't need to call anyone. If you just received a U.S. Green Card, then you will be abandoning your U.S. residency status if you don't continue to maintain an address in the U.S. If you recently obtained Canadian immigrant/landed status, then just move to Canada. Nobody in U.S. government agencies needs to be informed of your move and nobody at the U.S. -Canadian Border needs to be informed of your moving.

--Ray B

Originally posted by BurtReynoldsMustache View Post
      I recently received my perminate residence card and I am able to move to Canada (Saskatchewan) to be with my wife. My move will happen in about a month. Before I move what are my final steps before I move? Who in the American government do I need to call? What are some final things I need to do before moving to Canada? Also can anyone supply me with numbers so I can get a hold of a person on the Canadian border? It is so hard to get a number or a hold of anyone that can be of help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X