Role of US Salary in L1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role of US Salary in L1A

I am appearing for visa interview in L1A category on 5th August in Chennai consulate. I have 7+ yrs of exp (engineer + MBA from top B School) and I am going for a business development manager profile reporting to an Assistant Vice President. I am concerned about my US salary. As it is a sales profile my fixed pay is low ($75k) and I have sales commission which can be as much as 100% of fixed pay. Going through the experiences I am feeling that the US salary has a significant role in determining the L1A eligibility. I have raised a request for salary correction which will most probably get approved (my offshore manager who is again a VP has assured me a six figure salary) but not before the interview. Can you guys suggest how to tackle this situation. What should I answer if asked about US salary.

Originally posted by bangbang View Post
    I am appearing for visa interview in L1A category on 5th August in Chennai consulate. I have 7+ yrs of exp (engineer + MBA from top B School) and I am going for a business development manager profile reporting to an Assistant Vice President. I am concerned about my US salary. As it is a sales profile my fixed pay is low ($75k) and I have sales commission which can be as much as 100% of fixed pay. Going through the experiences I am feeling that the US salary has a significant role in determining the L1A eligibility. I have raised a request for salary correction which will most probably get approved (my offshore manager who is again a VP has assured me a six figure salary) but not before the interview. Can you guys suggest how to tackle this situation. What should I answer if asked about US salary.
    Answer what you have in paper and writing and if given a chance explain the same. Also, some VOs assess seniority by seeing Indian salary too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Answer what you have in paper and writing and if given a chance explain the same. Also, some VOs assess seniority by seeing Indian salary too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks. Some more advices please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X