Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B 2015

Hello,

I am currently working on L1-B Visa (expired) with i-94 validity till Mid 2016.

I got selected in Lottery for H1-B 2015. It went to RFE and my new Employer has filed response to RFE. The H1-B petition status is "Request for Evidence Response Review".

Please help me with below,

1) Assuming my H1-B petition gets approved in October, How many days do I have to accept H1-B Visa? (i.e. move from L1-B to H1-B)

2) After H1-B approval is it legal to stay on L1-B, before I accept H1-B?

3) What is the COS Date, Start Date and Effective Date?

4) My New Employer has not given me any Documents for H1-B so far. Should I request him to send copy of Documents before approval?

Thanks for all your responses.

Originally posted by mexico View Post
    Hello,

I am currently working on L1-B Visa (expired) with i-94 validity till Mid 2016.

I got selected in Lottery for H1-B 2015. It went to RFE and my new Employer has filed response to RFE. The H1-B petition status is "Request for Evidence Response Review".

Please help me with below,

1) Assuming my H1-B petition gets approved in October, How many days do I have to accept H1-B Visa? (i.e. move from L1-B to H1-B)

2) After H1-B approval is it legal to stay on L1-B, before I accept H1-B?

3) What is the COS Date, Start Date and Effective Date?

4) My New Employer has not given me any Documents for H1-B so far. Should I request him to send copy of Documents before approval?

Thanks for all your responses.
    1. Dont understand what you mean by "accepting the H1 Visa." If your employer has filed your H1 as COS, post COS approval, you must work and get paid by H1 employer.
    2. Find out if H1 was applied as COS, if yes, post COS date any employment with L1 employer is illegal.
    3. It normally is 01-Oct of that year.
    4. At least employment offer would have been given for your signature. If they got the approval notice, you can ask for it, its their choice to give that or not.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X