question about f4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about f4

I have lots of questions.. first i filed for my brother to come to USA.. I filed the I-140 and got later saying that it got approved and now I received another letter from nvc saying this "UNFORTUNATELY, A VISA NUMBER IS UNAVAILBLE AND THIS PETITION IS NOT ELIGIBALE FOR FUTHER PROCESSING AT THIS TIME. THE REASON FOR THIS DELAY IS THAT THERE ARE MORE APPLICANTS FOR VISAS THAN THERE ARE IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS AVAILABLE UNDER THE LIMITATION PRESCRIBED BY LAW. FOR SOME VISA CATEGORIES, THIS DELAY CULBE BE MANY YERS.

THIS PETITION WILL BE ELGIBLE FOR A VISA NUMBER AND FURTHER PROCESSING ONCE YOUR PRIORITY DATE IS EARLIER THAT THE CUT-OFF DATE LISTED IN THE CURRENT EDITION OF THE VISA BULLETING.

COUNTRY OF CHARGEABILITY - INDIA
    VISA CATEGORY - F4 BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF US CITIZENS
    PRIORITY DATE - 07OCT2013

AS SOON AS YOUR CASE BECOMES ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING, WE WILL CONTACT YOU OR YOUR ATTORNEY.

HOW DO I CHECK CURRENT CUT OF DATES? I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OR HOW TO CHECK IT. DOES THIS MEAN IT WILL TAKE 4 TO 5 YEARS FOR HIM TO GET VISA NUMBER...

THANKS...

Lazboy,

F4 class visas for India are now at Jan 1, 2002 Priority Dates. It will be about 12 years before your brother will be eligible for an immigrant visa under this class.

I think you meant I-130 submitted, rather than I-140.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lazboyz View Post
    I have lots of questions.. first i filed for my brother to come to USA.. I filed the I-140 and got later saying that it got approved and now I received another letter from nvc saying this "UNFORTUNATELY, A VISA NUMBER IS UNAVAILBLE AND THIS PETITION IS NOT ELIGIBALE FOR FUTHER PROCESSING AT THIS TIME. THE REASON FOR THIS DELAY IS THAT THERE ARE MORE APPLICANTS FOR VISAS THAN THERE ARE IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS AVAILABLE UNDER THE LIMITATION PRESCRIBED BY LAW. FOR SOME VISA CATEGORIES, THIS DELAY CULBE BE MANY YERS.

THIS PETITION WILL BE ELGIBLE FOR A VISA NUMBER AND FURTHER PROCESSING ONCE YOUR PRIORITY DATE IS EARLIER THAT THE CUT-OFF DATE LISTED IN THE CURRENT EDITION OF THE VISA BULLETING.

COUNTRY OF CHARGEABILITY - INDIA
    VISA CATEGORY - F4 BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF US CITIZENS
    PRIORITY DATE - 07OCT2013

AS SOON AS YOUR CASE BECOMES ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER PROCESSING, WE WILL CONTACT YOU OR YOUR ATTORNEY.

HOW DO I CHECK CURRENT CUT OF DATES? I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OR HOW TO CHECK IT. DOES THIS MEAN IT WILL TAKE 4 TO 5 YEARS FOR HIM TO GET VISA NUMBER...

THANKS...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Lazboy,

F4 class visas for India are now at Jan 1, 2002 Priority Dates. It will be about 12 years before your brother will be eligible for an immigrant visa under this class.

I think you meant I-130 submitted, rather than I-140.

--Ray B

yes I meant I-140...so no matter what I do have to wait 12 years for my brother...

Comment

I-140 is an employment-based petition.

If you submitted an I-140 for your brother, thinking that you were petitioning a relative, you made a mistake.

But if you submitted an I-130 (the correct family-based immigrant visa), your waiting period for his available visa slot will be abtu 12.5 years, based on current Priority Dates.

--Ray B

yes I meant I-140...so no matter what I do have to wait 12 years for my brother...

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          I-140 is an employment-based petition.

If you submitted an I-140 for your brother, thinking that you were petitioning a relative, you made a mistake.

But if you submitted an I-130 (the correct family-based immigrant visa), your waiting period for his available visa slot will be abtu 12.5 years, based on current Priority Dates.

--Ray B

right now I don't remember but I did I-130 for family based immigrant visa.. I did it for my parents too, and their paper work is passed but not my brothers. I did as a family based file i send all three peoples file together but now everybody has different case numbers and everything. I am planning to go to a lawyer to see what does he or she has to say. if that helps me.

thanks bro...

Comment

Why would you go to an attorney and pay him a fee to confirm what you can find out from the State Department Visa Bulletin? Your brother won't be eligible for a quota visa slot for about 12 more years. If he was in the Philippines, it would be 23 more years. If you don't believe me, go to the following State Department link:

So now you believe that it was an I-130 you submitted for your brother and not an I-140...

--ray B

right now I don't remember but I did I-130 for family based immigrant visa.. I did it for my parents too, and their paper work is passed but not my brothers. I did as a family based file i send all three peoples file together but now everybody has different case numbers and everything. I am planning to go to a lawyer to see what does he or she has to say. if that helps me.

thanks bro...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X