Birth tourism in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth tourism in USA

I am one month pregnant and would like to know if it is possible to get a USA VISA for birth tourism. I want to travel to USA in the third trimester, deliver my baby in the USA and come back 2 weeks after it. I have relatives in the USA for my pregnancy care and have enough bank balance to cover all expenses.

I do not want to settle in USA. I want to deliver baby in USA so that my child can enjoy benefits of USA citizenship such as VISA-free travel to many countries.

1. Is it possible to do so? If yes, then how to proceed?
    2. What type of VISA should I apply for?
    3. When should I apply for VISA?
    4. I will try my best to get medical insurance before travel from my home country, but I would like to know if any US based insurance company offer medical insurance to pregnant ladies (with or without pregnancy cover) after I reach USA.

There's no such thing as a "birth tourism" visa. If you can obtain a visitor visa, as any other visitor to the U.S., and happen to deliver your baby in the U.S., you have succeeded in delivering an "anchor baby" in the U.S., who will subsequently be able to petition you for a Green Card in 21 years from his birth.

In many countries of the world, being born in a specific country does not guarantee citizenship in that country. Also, if you enjoy "diplomatic status" from your country to the U.S., your child would not obtain U.S. citizenship by being born in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ankit.nagpal View Post
    I am one month pregnant and would like to know if it is possible to get a USA VISA for birth tourism. I want to travel to USA in the third trimester, deliver my baby in the USA and come back 2 weeks after it. I have relatives in the USA for my pregnancy care and have enough bank balance to cover all expenses.

I do not want to settle in USA. I want to deliver baby in USA so that my child can enjoy benefits of USA citizenship such as VISA-free travel to many countries.

1. Is it possible to do so? If yes, then how to proceed?
    2. What type of VISA should I apply for?
    3. When should I apply for VISA?
    4. I will try my best to get medical insurance before travel from my home country, but I would like to know if any US based insurance company offer medical insurance to pregnant ladies (with or without pregnancy cover) after I reach USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X