Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status form

Hi there,

I came over from the UK on a tourist visa and had no intention of marrying my US citizen girlfriend but we did and am in the process of filing an adjustment of status form but the only option which seems to apply to me is the fiance option though I didn't come over as a fiance therefore don't have the fiance form.

Anyone know which option I should tick?

Thanks,
    Dominic

You have to submit forms I-130 and I-485 at the same time (with other supporting documents).

On the I-485 you will check Part 2, Box a.

-Ray B

Originally posted by dominicmills View Post
    Hi there,

I came over from the UK on a tourist visa and had no intention of marrying my US citizen girlfriend but we did and am in the process of filing an adjustment of status form but the only option which seems to apply to me is the fiance option though I didn't come over as a fiance therefore don't have the fiance form.

Anyone know which option I should tick?

Thanks,
    Dominic

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You have to submit forms I-130 and I-485 at the same time (with other supporting documents).

On the I-485 you will check Part 2, Box a.

-Ray B
      Thank you Ray B

Comment

Hi,i would like to know how much time it takes and what is the process of the adjustment of status after you get married to a us citizen. Im a canadian citizen. But also once you are married can you stay in the us while processing the adjustment of status or you need the adjustment of status to be done after being able to stay or either you have to leave when your visa expire? Thank you so much for a future answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X