Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship and removing the conditional

Hi guys,

I currently have my conditional green card in hand after marrying my wife who is a US citizen. It is a bit early to meet the 2 years anniversary milestone to remove the conditional. However, I would like to know, if it is possible at this point of time to apply to remove the conditional and wave the joint filing requirement on "extreme hardship" basis "with no divorce is in place"

I'm speculating that my case may qualify for extreme hardship on multiple unchangeable grounds. One major ground is that:
    (I'm stateless, I had the merit to born and live in a third country which I moved from to the US. Nonetheless, there policies don’t grant permanent residency nor citizenship by birth to anyone and thus I remained carrying my current identity. Now that I have moved to the US, I had to abandon and forgo my residency in that country which I have spent my entire life in. In consequence, I can't return to it at all in the future for the very same fact that I'm stateless!.

I used to carry a travel document from a notorious country, which millions of people are and have been fleeing from since few years. My travel document is expired and I'm afraid to even renew it because the fear of persecution. No elsewhere in the world I can move to neither now nor in future.

In collective consequences, this exacerbates the psychological suffering I have been living knowing that my current status is contingent on unpredictable factors. In which the impact is conceivable.)

Other grounds may be facts like [disruption of educational opportunities which I have embarked on, economic and financial impacts, mobility disability…]

hope for some insights into this, help from experts is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Civi

The only bases you can realistically use for premature "Removal of Conditions" are divorce or death of spouse. Your rationale for requesting the 10-year card is a little too creative to make any impression on USCIS.

-Ray B

Originally posted by civi View Post
    Hi guys,

I currently have my conditional green card in hand after marrying my wife who is a US citizen. It is a bit early to meet the 2 years anniversary milestone to remove the conditional. However, I would like to know, if it is possible at this point of time to apply to remove the conditional and wave the joint filing requirement on "extreme hardship" basis "with no divorce is in place"

I'm speculating that my case may qualify for extreme hardship on multiple unchangeable grounds. One major ground is that:
    (I'm stateless, I had the merit to born and live in a third country which I moved from to the US. Nonetheless, there policies don’t grant permanent residency nor citizenship by birth to anyone and thus I remained carrying my current identity. Now that I have moved to the US, I had to abandon and forgo my residency in that country which I have spent my entire life in. In consequence, I can't return to it at all in the future for the very same fact that I'm stateless!.

I used to carry a travel document from a notorious country, which millions of people are and have been fleeing from since few years. My travel document is expired and I'm afraid to even renew it because the fear of persecution. No elsewhere in the world I can move to neither now nor in future.

In collective consequences, this exacerbates the psychological suffering I have been living knowing that my current status is contingent on unpredictable factors. In which the impact is conceivable.)

Other grounds may be facts like [disruption of educational opportunities which I have embarked on, economic and financial impacts, mobility disability…]

hope for some insights into this, help from experts is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Civi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X