Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new company wants me to start working with my OPT and transfer the H1B in Oct??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new company wants me to start working with my OPT and transfer the H1B in Oct??

Hey,

Urgent help needed here!!! Here is my background: I graduated in May and started my OPT then. My current employer sponsored the H1B in April and got approved. The H1b will be effective on Oct/1st.
    I just got an offer from another company. It asked me to start work two weeks later, with my OPT, and they said they will transfer my H1B in Oct.
    I am concerned about this plan for following reasons:
    1. My current company can revoke the H1B petition if they want, so I have to persuade them not to. Even if I make this work, I still need to ask them to activate H1B in Oct?(Not sure about this) But by that time, I won't even work for them. This just doesn't make much sense for me.
    2. When my new company transfers the H1B for me in Oct, my pay stubs from my current company would be needed. But, the latest pay stub I can provide must be my last working week's stub(Maybe this week or next week). So, there will be an one month time gap between my last pay stub and the day they submit the transfer petition for me. So could this work out? I consider it as somewhat risky. Not sure about it though.

Thank you very much guys. My new company asks me to quit tomorrow, so I better figure this out soon. Thanks.

My new company wants me to start working with my OPT and transfer the H1B in Oct??

Your company seem to be not genuine as they are asking you to bypass the system.

It's not advisable to join/work without the approved transfer petition. Something fishy with your new employer..Be Aware!!

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X