Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form i-485 medical

Hi,

I am filling in my application for change of status and it mentions a medical.

Do I have to have a medical and submit results with form and can any doctor perform this?

Many thanks in advance,
    Dominic

You need an immigrant medical exam from a USCIS-listed doctor, and the exam report, on form I-693, in a sealed envelope, must be submitted with your Adjustment application. You can locate USCIS-listed doctors through the following link:

--Ray B

Originally posted by dominicmills View Post
    Hi,

Do I have to have a medical and submit results with form and can any doctor perform this?

Many thanks in advance,
    Dominic

Comment

I-485 medical

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You need an immigrant medical exam from a USCIS-listed doctor, and the exam report, on form I-693, in a sealed envelope, must be submitted with your Adjustment application. You can locate USCIS-listed doctors through the following link:

--Ray B
      Thanks for coming back to me on this Ray B. I have been quoted in the region of $385.00 without my vaccination records, does that sound right?

Thanks,
      Dom

Comment

If the $385 includes any needed shots (vaccinations), that's a fair price.

--Ray B

Thanks for coming back to me on this Ray B. I have been quoted in the region of $385.00 without my vaccination records, does that sound right?

Thanks,
        Dom

Comment

Form i-485 medical

If the $385 includes any needed shots (vaccinations), that's a fair price.

--Ray B
          Thanks for coming back to me Ray, you've been a great help.

As I am A UK citizen, surely I have had most vaccinations......?

Comment

The prevailing attitude of the USCIS-listed doctors is that they have to assume you are not current with the standard vaccinations if you cannot provide records of same. When I take Filipino immigrants to the preferred doctor in my area, if they didn't bring a copy of the medical exam they received in Manila, the doctor makes his decision about which shots are needed based on age and medical condition of the person in front of him.

$385 is a reasonable fee if it includes 4 or 5 standard shots, plus the required TB skin test and blood test.

--Ray B

Thanks for coming back to me Ray, you've been a great help.

As I am A UK citizen, surely I have had most vaccinations......?

Comment

Form i-485 medical

The prevailing attitude of the USCIS-listed doctors is that they have to assume you are not current with the standard vaccinations if you cannot provide records of same. When I take Filipino immigrants to the preferred doctor in my area, if they didn't bring a copy of the medical exam they received in Manila, the doctor makes his decision about which shots are needed based on age and medical condition of the person in front of him.

$385 is a reasonable fee if it includes 4 or 5 standard shots, plus the required TB skin test and blood test.

--Ray B
              Thanks again Ray,

Think our main issue is money at moment and my tourist visa runs out on the 14th of September but we will have money on the 15th. Will there be a major problem if we file these forms a few days after my tourist visa runs out?

I owe you one or two!

Thanks,
              dom

Comment

Dom,

I have not had any problems submitting Adjustment packages for applicants who entered the U.S. legally and who acquired a legal basis (marriage to U.S. citizen), if if submitted a few days after the visa expired). I've been nervous about those on Visa Waivers, but one I submitted for a U.K. citizen was exactly that status (a few days after his Visa Waiver expiration), and nothing came up about the expiration during his processing.

--Ray B

Thanks again Ray,

Think our main issue is money at moment and my tourist visa runs out on the 14th of September but we will have money on the 15th. Will there be a major problem if we file these forms a few days after my tourist visa runs out?

I owe you one or two!

Thanks,
                dom

Comment

Birth certificate

Hi,

Many thanks in advance,
                  Dominic
                  Hi again Ray B

Having delays getting my birth certificate from the UK, surely my passport is good enough?

Thanks again,
                  Dom

Comment

The passport is proof of your citizenship (UK), but not of your birth location. You might get by without the birth cert, or you might receive a "Request for Evidence," if you don't include a copy of your birth record with your submitted package.

--Ray B

Hi again Ray B

Having delays getting my birth certificate from the UK, surely my passport is good enough?

Thanks again,
                    Dom

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X