Documents to Bring to the Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents to Bring to the Interview

We applied for citizenship for my wife in early May. We received a yellow letter dated June 9, titled "Pre-Interview Case File Review". The letter said that she needs to bring a state-issued photo identification card to her interview, and her passport. It did not mention any other documents.

Today we just received a Notice of Action saying that her interview is on Wednesday, September 10. It says to bring the letter we received today, her permanent resident card, her passport, our marriage certificate, and my birth certificate. It says to keep the appointment even if we do not have all of the documents.

None of those is a problem. But there was also an N-659, "Naturalization Interview Document Check List". That lists a lot of other things that would be a problem, such as an IRS Form 1722 (which I guess lists tax information for the past three years). I cannot possibly get that in two days, and I also submitted similar information with the citizenship application anyway. Will she be okay if we just bring the items on the Notice of Action letter, and don't worry about the N-659?

I will answer my own question. The officer did ask for bank statements, but my wife simply answered that we only received the interview notification letter a few days before, so there wasn't time to gather everything. He didn't ask for anything more after that. Her ceremony is next Wednesday, so then she will be a citizen!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB View Post
      I will answer my own question. The officer did ask for bank statements, but my wife simply answered that we only received the interview notification letter a few days before, so there wasn't time to gather everything. He didn't ask for anything more after that. Her ceremony is next Wednesday, so then she will be a citizen!

Where do you live? Can you post some more details and timeline for the entire process? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X