Country of residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country of residence

Hi, I am Indian nationalite doing PhD in France since Nov 2012. I am planning to travel to US as exchange visitor and applying for J1 visa.

Q1. I am confused about point of contacts in country of residence, as they ask- You have indicated that you will be studying in some capacity while in the United States. List at least two contacts in your country of residence who can verify the information that you have provided on this application. Do not list immediate family members or other relatives. Postal office box numbers are unacceptable.

So, should I give point of contacts in India or France?

Q2. I will be going there as short-term scholar (in DS2019, purpose is indicated as start of new program between 2 institutes), so in DS160, if they ask whether I will be visiting US for study, my answer should be yes/no?

Your country of residence is currently France, if you have a legal visa to study there.

--Ray B

Originally posted by deshpandehn View Post
    Hi, I am Indian nationalite doing PhD in France since Nov 2012. I am planning to travel to US as exchange visitor and applying for J1 visa.

Q1. I am confused about point of contacts in country of residence, as they ask- You have indicated that you will be studying in some capacity while in the United States. List at least two contacts in your country of residence who can verify the information that you have provided on this application. Do not list immediate family members or other relatives. Postal office box numbers are unacceptable.

So, should I give point of contacts in India or France?

Q2. I will be going there as short-term scholar (in DS2019, purpose is indicated as start of new program between 2 institutes), so in DS160, if they ask whether I will be visiting US for study, my answer should be yes/no?

Comment

Thanks for reply. I have visa to stay there till the end of my contract (Nov 2015) and not the permanent residence. Still France is country of residence?

Will you also comment on the second question? Thanks

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Your country of residence is currently France, if you have a legal visa to study there.

--Ray B

Comment

A J1 visa encompasses "short-term" scholar and student purposes.

--Ray B

QUOTE=deshpandehn;355504]Thanks for reply. I have visa to stay there till the end of my contract (Nov 2015) and not the permanent residence. Still France is country of residence?

Will you also comment on the second question? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X