Is my son eligible for PIO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my son eligible for PIO

I am indian with a green card and my husband is Bangladesh origin now US naturalization however his parents are indian and indian passport holder can we apply for PIO for our son because I am planning to visit my parent in India. Please and thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Monjira View Post
    I am indian with a green card and my husband is Bangladesh origin now US naturalization however his parents are indian and indian passport holder can we apply for PIO for our son because I am planning to visit my parent in India. Please and thanks in advance.
    When are you travelling?

Comment

Planned to travel end of this month so already applied for the tourist visa for my son... Just in case can I apply the PIO for my son in future? Thanks in advance ..

- - - Updated - - -

Planned to travel the end of this month as in 30 September so already applied for the tourist visa for my son . Just in case in future can I apply a PIO for my son . Thanks in advance..

Comment

Planned to travel end of this month so already applied for the tourist visa for my son... Just in case can I apply the PIO for my son in future? Thanks in advance ..

Planned to travel the end of this month as in 30 September so already applied for the tourist visa for my son . Just in case in future can I apply a PIO for my son . Thanks in advance..
        Yes you can apply for PIO in future. Having a tourist visa isn't a problem.

Come back and post your PIO timeline once you have the approval!

Comment

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
          Yes you can apply for PIO in future. Having a tourist visa isn't a problem.

Come back and post your PIO timeline once you have the approval!
          Oh, awesome , but I read that if the applicant's father mother or spouse ever had a Bangladesh passport cannot apply for PIO or OCI and before my husbands Naturalization he had Bangladesh passport so I was really upset the my son cannot get a PIO and in future when I get Naturalization neither can I get. If you could kindly check this and reply I would be very grateful. Another question it's been almost a week still waiting for my sons visa. Do you have any idea generally how long does it take for a tourist visa?? We have submitted the application to CKGS. Online San Francisco.. Thanks in advance..

Comment

Oh, awesome , but I read that if the applicant's father mother or spouse ever had a Bangladesh passport cannot apply for PIO or OCI .
            where did you read this?

Comment

Originally posted by tampaite View Post
              where did you read this?
              Hi sorry for the delayed response. I got that information in th NRI category PIO section ... If you could just go through that and let me know if I understood it correct.
              Hey got my son,s tourist visa it took almost 15 days since the day of application....
              Anyways thanking in advance..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X