Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to F1 COS Pending. Meanwhile H4 has expired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 COS Pending. Meanwhile H4 has expired.

I got an admission for this FALL-2014
    Applied for COS H4 to F1 on May 8th. Decision is still pending from USCIS.
    Since I applied for COS H4 to F1, i did not opt for H4 extension from my spouse's employer. My H4 expired on 2-Sep-2014.

My classes began from 21-Aug-2014. My H4 was valid then.
    And as classes started on 21-Aug-2014 and my H4 visa expiry was for 2-Sep-2014, I was in-line with USCIS rule which says, "for COS H4 to F1 i have to be in valid H4 status at least 30-days prior to Classes-start date."

Now that my H4 expired on 2-Sep-2014 can anyone please help me with this question:

Now that I have enrolled on H4, can I continue studying while my COS for H4 to F1 is Pending (now that my H4 and I-94 has expired)?

I wanted to update that you are allowed to enroll on 'H' category visas, even with expired I-94.
    But from what I researched (and spoke to attorneys and DSO), it depends on the university rules.
    You are legally allowed to enroll and stay in the US with a pending COS and expired I-94.
    But some Universities have rules that require you to either enroll within a stipulated time or defer admission.

Comment

COS H4 to F1

Originally posted by GradStudentUSA View Post
      I wanted to update that you are allowed to enroll on 'H' category visas, even with expired I-94.
      But from what I researched (and spoke to attorneys and DSO), it depends on the university rules.
      You are legally allowed to enroll and stay in the US with a pending COS and expired I-94.
      But some Universities have rules that require you to either enroll within a stipulated time or defer admission.
      Hello there,
      My wife is on H4 and her visa will be expired in 16th Dec, 2015. She has already finished her 2 semester and her school suggested that she can enroll in next semester, while her application is pending. (But cautioned us about the case of COS rejection) My employer has applied for my H1-B extension a month ago.

Shall I apply for COS H4 to F1 or apply for H4 extension and then to F1? We would like to go with COS from H4 to F1. Is it safe, when her visa will be expired in 45 days.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X